Suzuki LT-R450 Forum :: LTR450HQ.com banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 08 ltr clutch just started slipping right after i changed oil. i put Motul 10w-40 in it. my local dealer said its a very good oil for the suzuki's. well right after i changed the oil took it for a ride and just a little bit of throttle its fine but when i get on it it slips. i tore apart the clutch and the plates were not burnt or warped so i oiled up all the plates and put it back together. took for another ride and it slips still. im really stumped on this because i have never had this happen to any of my quads. did anyone have this problem. please help

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes i do. i didnt adjust it or anything i just changed the oil and it started doing this

·
Registered
75 Posts
Could be a bad cable, I've had to replace them about every 2-3 years. Mechanic tells me I wash them too much. Only way to tell is pull cable out and see if it moves freely.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
you mean the clutch cable?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
also when i took off the little cover for the clutch no oil came out. should oil being coming out of here?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
im completely stumped on this =\

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ill give that a try when i get home from work

·
Registered
75 Posts
you mean the clutch cable?
Yea start with the cable and then move to the clutch it self. The cable is a little hard to remove, you need to remove the fuel pump bolts and move the fuel pump out of the way. Make sure the cable moves freely when disconnected.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts