Suzuki LT-R450 Forum :: LTR450HQ.com banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a Ltr 450 today and it won’t runnown it’s on, I know the fuel pump is working and flowing good , I cleaned the injector beat I could and still nothing , I pulled the plug out and trickled some gas through the plug hole and put it back together and it fired right up and immediately died as it had burned the gas that I had put in there , I’m not trying to guess at the problem being the parts OEM are quite expensive , i am trying to narrow it down and can’t quite figure it out any help would be great , by the way I’m new to the forum and also very new to fuel injected bikes.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just bought a Ltr 450 today and it won’t runnown it’s on, I know the fuel pump is working and flowing good , I cleaned the injector beat I could and still nothing , I pulled the plug out and trickled some gas through the plug hole and put it back together and it fired right up and immediately died as it had burned the gas that I had put in there , I’m not trying to guess at the problem being the parts OEM are quite expensive , i am trying to narrow it down and can’t quite figure it out any help would be great , by the way I’m new to the forum and also very new to fuel injected bikes.
check your swirl filter and fuel pressure. they are under the tank. the regulator should open at 42 psi . If you have a compressor and a gauge you could test it . there Are some videos of it .

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don’t have a gauge off hand but I do have a compressor , I will check it tommorow , it’s getting fuel to the injector and the injector is spraying fuel decently , so may not be getting enough fuel. Very funny how it starts up with the very little splash of gas that I can put down the throttle body or the plug hole .

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Now the bike won’t even start when gas is splashed in the throttle body , checked spark still has spark , this thing is becoming a nightmare already .

·
Registered
2 Posts
Now the bike won’t even start when gas is splashed in the throttle body , checked spark still has spark , this thing is becoming a nightmare already .
You need to clean the fuel lines. Sounds like the bike sat for a long time. Also check fuel pump and petcock

1 - 7 of 7 Posts