Suzuki LT-R450 Forum :: LTR450HQ.com banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello I have a 2007 ltr 450 I love this quad the look and everything about it so I don't wanna get a new one and I've been battling this problem for a while now my quad will run for 3 seconds then the fuel pump stops and then the spark plug misses like crazy Ik the tip over sensor does that but I bought the aftermarket one from kms that is not supposed to ever set off that code which is 23 I put my quad in dealer mode and got code 15 and 23 15= engine coolant temp and 23= tip over sensor but I replaced it and I checked all the wired none are grounded and they all have continuity (if you don't know what that mean to my understanding it means the wire has a connection the whole way ex no splices not grounded to frame) I need help u hope my ecm isn't bad I just need help if anybody else has had this problem really wanna keep quads thanks to any one with info

·
Super Moderator
31,830 Posts
If you have the KMS TOS eliminator and are still getting a TOS code. you have one of 2 problems. a bad ECU or a damaged harness.

You say it has continuity and is not shorted to ground. Could it be shorted to a wire that has voltage going thru it giving the ECU a bad reading? sure it could. With the harness completely disconnected from everything you need to check for continuity in the TOS signal wire to every other wire on that harness. If it is all ok, then I would say you have a bad ECU.

·
Registered
2,790 Posts
any bent pins on the ecm? Also make sure no pins are pushed back in the connector of the tip over sensor or ecm. Make sure all your grounds are clean and tight. Do you have a different ecm to try off of anyone else's quad? Also have you checked the resistance of your temp sensor at different temperatures? That procedure is in the service manual

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I do not have another exam to try and I checked the resistance on the plug at different temp Ik the plug is bad more worried about the tip over sensor prob right now

1 - 8 of 8 Posts