Suzuki LT-R450 Forum :: LTR450HQ.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just switched to asv levers along with the z400 clutch cable and the issue I’m having is the softer I try to have the clutch lever the clutch isn’t engaging and when I adjust it to when the clutch engages the lever is way to hard to pull harder than when I had it stock. I even added a spacer to the clutch lever to add adjustment but the more comfortable I try to have the clutch lever when I have it fully squeezed and shift down to first it’s as if I’m not even having the clutch engaged at all. It’s either to hard to pull when it’s not comfortable at all or comfortable but won’t engage.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Had the same problem. Did you have that problem before you put the new cable and perch on? If so, your clutch is gonna need attention. If not then ethier you didn't Install the cable right or it's kinked somewhere.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Had the same problem. Did you have that problem before you put the new cable and perch on? If so, your clutch is gonna need attention. If not then ethier you didn't Install the cable right or it's kinked somewhere.
No everything was fine until I replaced the levers along with the cable

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
Did you lubricate the inside of the new cable?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts