Suzuki LT-R450 Forum :: LTR450HQ.com banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i traded my 05 trx for a 07 ltr and they boy said he thought it needed valves adjusted so i bring it home and the battery is dead as a door nail new battery and about a minute later it starts right up and idles great but then it starts to miss and will not take fuel? the slightest touch of the gas and it dies. ive read about the swirl filters and will be checkin it tomorrow does anyone else have any ideas? it set for roughly 4 months and was not touched prior to me getting it is what i was told. I have also changed gas with fresh 93 octane it has cherry bomb,baffle out and airbox lid removed plz help

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I took the swirl filter out and it help some but still no dice also fuel pressure was 45 could my valves be too tight?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Your injector could be plugged up. Theres a way you hook it up to a 9volt battery and spray it clean. Have you checked it?

·
Registered
2,785 Posts
check your fuel pressure first and foremost or else you are just guessing what is wrong. To clean the injector remove it from the tb but leave it plugged in electricaly. Take a rubber tipped air nozzle put it on the end fuel would come out. It helps to have two people because when you cycle the key the injector only opens for a couple seconds. So have some one turn the key on and then put air through the injector backwards and it will flush any crap out of the injector inlet line. I have not had luck trying to seperate the injector to get to the screen inside so I just do it this way and have had good luck

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My fuel was at 45 psi held steady at idle I'm goin to attempt to clean the injector tonight thanks for the help

·
Registered
2,785 Posts
ya but you need to try to duplicate the problem while monitoring the fp. My wheeler would run fine for 15 min and then if you ran it under quarter throttle it would slowly die. Ended up running it in the garage while looking at the pressure and it would fall off then quit. I had another intermittent pump failure were it quit then after 10 minutes restarted then ran for two hours and died again. It's a good idea to clean the injector but don't give up on fuel pump or regulator issues till you know the fp is good at the same time it is running like crap.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Mine won't even pull out lol no way to monitor it it has a miss at idle and dies soon as I try to rev it I've got to rev once or twice and it does immediately.

·
Registered
2,785 Posts
so it was running like crap when you were watching the fp? Hmmm have you checked tps setting and tried a new plug. Have you checked your valves cause you have not mentioned that you have that would be my next step. Other than that I am out of suggestions without working on it personally lol

·
Registered
2,785 Posts
did you check valve clearances?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Nope I do not know how I am somewhat mechanically inclined with cars is this the same concept?

·
Registered
2,785 Posts
super easy to check them a little more in depth to adjust them. Tons of information on here about how to do it.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I took swirl filter out n put in a inline that bowl was full of rust even when I hit the throttle gas stays in that filter so I'm guessing valves is next option?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts