Premium Member
28,672 Posts
Looks good,

I see the Apex has some Fox on it.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Looks awesome;

Couple questions on your suspension. It looks like your second tender spring bottoms out before the first, is this just an illusion? (My Elka's were the same until I did some tweaking is the only reason I say this, they pushed a bit until I got it all worked out)

Elka had mine at 5.4kgx52 9.4kgx45 3.6kgx200 4x1" crossovers all around. This was quite a bit to stiff however if I would of added a spacer like what you have on your second it would likely be quite a bit softer. If you want I can run spring rates for you if you ever want to get it down.

I now run 250lb 302lb and 200 main which works well. I've also had good luck with running dual rate.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Looks awesome;

Couple questions on your suspension. It looks like your second tender spring bottoms out before the first, is this just an illusion? (My Elka's were the same until I did some tweaking is the only reason I say this, they pushed a bit until I got it all worked out)

Elka had mine at 5.4kgx52 9.4kgx45 3.6kgx200 4x1" crossovers all around. This was quite a bit to stiff however if I would of added a spacer like what you have on your second it would likely be quite a bit softer. If you want I can run spring rates for you if you ever want to get it down.

I now run 250lb 302lb and 200 main which works well. I've also had good luck with running dual rate.
Man I have no complaints from the stage 5 and I believe its an illusion. My sponsor Johnny Hale at JH Racing pulled them straight out of the box and valved them for me and my set up just to be sure elka had everything right. My rear dual rate was way too stiff but JH had a couple springs laying around so he sent me a couple to make it a single and man its 100X's better

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
How do you like the swingy? I've been looking at getting one as soon as my Walsh wears out.
I had a walsh before changing to six5 and man the durability/construction is unmatched. Its 3/4" shorter than stock and I was kinda skeptical about this but man the power transfer is awesome and the front end stays down. Of course suspension has a lot to do with that

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
That's good to know. Their construction looks wicked! Was worried about it being shorter and I'll probably see if they'll do 3/4" longer as it works better in the dez.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
That's good to know. Their construction looks wicked! Was worried about it being shorter and I'll probably see if they'll do 3/4" longer as it works better in the dez.
Just have to ask Jake the owner. It takes a while to get the products since he builds the LTR stuff after the order is placed and he's crazy busy in the off season. Took a few months to get mine but I was deployed so didn't matter

·
Registered
1 Posts
New to forum and the ltr 450

Just purchased a 06 from a older gentleman for what I believe to be a good deal .all stock other than cherry bomb fuel map bike still has original factory tires on it. He bought it new and road the first yr than more or less just took 1 or 2 times a yr after that. And it actually set for a several yrs other than just being started after that. its in primo condition and more or less blank canvas. Looking to make it a decent trail machine and perhaps change it over to 20 rear tires at some point for clearance on trails .what it good gearing set up for a 20 inch tire on the ltr. Have had many 2 strokes over the yrs but this is my first 4 banger.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts