Suzuki LT-R450 Forum :: LTR450HQ.com banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2008 r450. <quadmod intake,cherrybomb,FMF factory 4.1 slipon with megabomb header,powernow valve> My header is glowing orange,all the way to the fat part of the header. Thought it was the waterpump but it is doing good. Thermostat was stuck so i put in another but it is still orange,i know that they get that way after so long but i know that surely it is not supposed to get like that.What is so wrong? Its drivin me nuts!

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
think you might be a little lean? lol you should have a tuner with a full system bro!

fan cycling?

·
Registered
58 Posts
you might be running a little lean, but all race quads/bikes do that especially once you put performance exhaust on them

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thats what alot of people are saying now that ive asked around,im fixin to start her up and ride for a bit and check to see if my plug is white

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
air leaks cause this too....but didn't you say it is worse than normal? when you said that, I figured you knew what normal was....

·
Premium Member
28,672 Posts
Exhaust temp may be a bit high, nothing to do with water temp. in may be a bit lean with your mods.

running it hard and most of the pipe will glow at idle it will glow about 9" back from the head, depending on the idle RPM.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
but is it ok to ride a little? wont it burn up the bike? I want to ride it so bad but i dont want to cause i dont want to hurt it. had the bike 3 weeks and have only got to ride like 5 days. maybe a day hourwise.

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
run it then dude....you obviously aren't planning to buy a tuner, or get it dyno tuned. so if you are looking for an alternate answer to your question, you won't find one. without knowing what the a/f mixture is....how can we answer your question???

·
Premium Member
28,672 Posts
just set the TPS voltage a little higher than recommended, it will mane it think it's getting more air than it is, this will work except for at WOT.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Dude,Im on a budget. Anywhere I find is gonna charge me alot of money around here,so im looking for a answer that would help me figure it out myself or if there is anything wrong.It may be lean or it may be the titanium heatin up,thats what im wanting to know.I put this up to see if anyone else has had this problem before and knows what is goin on with it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts