Suzuki LT-R450 Forum :: LTR450HQ.com banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay guys... so I have an 06 that I bought as a project. The current issue I'm having is the fuel pump. When turning on the kill switch, it spits out gas like it should. But it won't when pushing the start button.
After cleaning it, we placed it on a running ltr and it worked. We narrowed the issue to the connector plugging into the top of the injector.
When testing the plug, It is not getting power after the initial kill switch turn on.
So we tried the relays, the Ecu, fuses, and everything works on the other 06 running ltr...

The quad will not start.

I got the quad with insane wiring. With a pro armor tether kill switch and a PIM yoshimiru added computer. We took off both and took back to stock.

Now I don't know if this has to do with it. But the red light is blinking as well. No order. Just constant blinking.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The fuel pump is not supposed to prime unless the kill switch is in the run position. You need to pull codes and perform the diagnostic for the stored codes.
That is what I meant. When the kill switch is in the on position. It primes. Then cuts out when attempting to start the quad. Which I believe is the reason the quad refuses to start.

·
Premium Member
28,672 Posts
The pump will run for a couple seconds then quit. It will not start running again until it sees a RPM signal. Your flashing FI light may be telling you there is a problem in the CKP circuit.
:stupid:

That's what I was going to post yesterday but I wad to lazy or busy,, :kopfkratz: I cant remember. Take care of the FI light first. It may not even have spark or and injector pulse.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys. I apologize for the delay. Haven't had a chance to get back to work on the 4 wheeler. Gonna figure out the r ason code and will get back to you all!!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ended up being the FI switch. Previous owner was a knuckle head and put the flipover relay upside down! Started right up!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts