Suzuki LT-R450 Forum :: LTR450HQ.com banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heard the LTR450 may have gearbox problems! Is this just a rumour or does anybody know if its true?

I hope not but, any info would be great.

Cheers

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
why would it have problems and how would someone know without ever testing it? Unless they are made of magnesium and running coolant for trans fluid.

It may be someone worried about the LTZ400 problem thinking of clutch cover failure?

The LT-R uses a Two piece cover where the waterpump cover is seperate and made of aluminum....... I'm hoping its made of aluminum anyway.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
LTR450 gear box probs

A m8 knows sum1 who has tested 1 and rekons it has gearbox problems, 2nd gear 2 be precise?
This could be garbage but just wanted 2 know if you guys no anything about this or is it just bullsh**t.

Cheers

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
I believe Doug and Jeremiah are the only two that have ridden the bike besides other factory Suzuki workers during test stages?

I have a feeling the rumor is just pre-ride drama :wink:

·
Premium Member
550 Posts
Sounds like pre-release hype to me! :eek: we'll see real soon one way or the other!

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Yea, I think the only rumor I have not heard is it is 4 wheel drive!

I think all these rumors are very natural...remember no one wants to own the "non-best" quad. You have die hard Honda and Yamaha owners, or those that just plunked down $7K for a 2006 bike and they do not want to feel like the LTR is better and that is constantly being put in their faces. I can not blame them...

I am just glad there are many very open minded folks that see the LTR as a potential spring board to increase the calibur of Race ATVs...the next 5 years look very promising for us all whether you bleed Red, Blue, or Yellow...

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
I am just glad there are many very open minded folks that see the LTR as a potential spring board to increase the calibur of Race ATVs...the next 5 years look very promising for us all whether you bleed Red, Blue, or Yellow...
Very, very well put...innovative releases are helpful to even the competition. That's what keeps our world turning :wink:

·
Registered
78 Posts
I AGREE!
I Personally have money down on one and I hope that it turns out to be as great as it sounds and that is what I am betting my $7748 OTD DENERO on.. I have read alot of posts and replies throughout this forum and alot of them sound like guy's who have way to much time on their hands and a very vivid imagination.. I PROMISE that I will call Big Boy's Toy's here in N. UT. first thing tomarrow and get the latest low down, I will then post it.. I also promise that the day they call me and tell me that it is in so I can get all the paper work going from my C.U. I will post a new thread stating the day that It is available here in Utah.. I also promise that you can believe everything that I say.. I want this thing so bad my teeth hurt :cry: .. I have been waiting for over a year now.. I was going to go get a YFZ and I was glad I didn't when they announced all the improvements to it in 06.. and I dang near bought one when I seen one... but I forced myself to wait for the LT-R! Hopefully in a few weeks at the most.. Weather it's the end of Jan, or mid Feb I know that the first one Big Boy's gets is MINE!!! and I am looking forward to that day... for some reason I get the feeling I won't be unhappy with the performance.. :?

·
Registered
78 Posts
Talked to my dealer,
He has not heard of any problems with the gearbox, nor has he actually heard of a shipment date yet. He told me he'd find out a bit more for me but as far as he know's it is still scheduled to ship by the end of Jan. He did say that hopefull by the end of this week he could go on-line and be able to check on it and see exactly where the shipment is.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts