Suzuki LT-R450 Forum :: LTR450HQ.com banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 2006 Ltr450 :rock:, The quad starts and will idle for about 4-5 seconds and die, sometimes will only sputter when trying to start. When it idles, if you hit the throttle it stalls, no throttle what so ever.
I have narrowed the problem down to the FPR or the Fuel Pump, I have cleaned every part of the fuel system, I have the filter removed from swirl tank and an inline filter installed, when I check fuel discharge amount from the fuel pump I get about 9-10oz in 10 seconds which exceeds the specs in the manual. Now when I was cleaning the FPR i realized the that i could blow thru the fpr, which means its open, before i start throwing money at it, I wanted a little input from other people who know the quad a little better than I do.
I do not have access to a fuel pressure gauge at this time, I can borrow one if I need it, but im pretty sure its the FPR as i can blow thru it, any input would be much appreciated.

Thank you in Advance

· Registered
434 Posts
Try cleaning the little filter in the fuel pump if you haven't.

· Super Moderator
31,613 Posts
It sounds like you have a bad FPR, but to verify you need to perform the fuel pressure test. Test your regulated pressure and make sure the pump is able to build more than that pressure when deadheaded.

· Registered
228 Posts
i just got done fixing that problem.. filter inside my pump clogged up and burnt my pump up... and also my injector was very dirty.. pull the throttle body off and clean everything in it and cycle the injector while cleaning with throttle body cleaner and compressed air..

· Registered
1,738 Posts
i have an almost new pump, extra injector, and extra fpr if you need to replace them, pm if you need anything

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.