Suzuki LT-R450 Forum :: LTR450HQ.com banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone put a cab'd honda 450r engine in a stock ltr frame? if so can you direct me to the posts or post some pictires.
I dont want to have to buy a new frame, i can make all new mounts anf modify the ltr frame.
I plan on building an aluminum tank for this bike if it is possible to fit this engine in there.

reason for this is a long story....

·
Registered
434 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the reply! but im talking about an engine out of the trx 450r engine. and using the stock frame.

·
Registered
728 Posts
I think be easier to do a fuel injected 450r engine

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yes but it is alot cheaper to do a carb'd trx engine, and im just wanting more power and more reliability. my ltr engine makes 59 hp and i have to freshen it up every 4 races

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
im just wanting to know if the trx engine will fit in the ltr fram b4 i buy one.

·
Registered
483 Posts
If you want more power and reliability, put a raptor 700 motor in that thing. That would be one awesome strong running bike.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yepp, well looks like im going to have to go ahead and but the honda engine and see if it will fit in the frame and what mods Im going to have to do to get it in there.

·
Registered
728 Posts
i think trx engine is narrower and will fit pretty easy obviously it will need some fab work. i just havnt really ever seen a trx motor last longer then a 06 ltr motor i guess its how its treated. theres drawbacks for both

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yes but it most all of the parts for the trx engine are a lot cheaper and that would help me make it to more rounds in the series, i love the way my ltr handles and i have it exactly the way i want it that is why i want the trx engine in my ltr

1 - 11 of 11 Posts