Suzuki LT-R450 Forum :: LTR450HQ.com banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK guys, so I just got my 2008 LTR-450 R...I knew it might be risky when the previous owner said it was rebuilt a few times on top of being a theft recovery (don't worry I have all the paperwork, it's legit)... I just went for it I've always admired them... I have a pretty good knowledge on ATV's, However I need some help as I've always rode Raptor 700's and am unfamiliar with 450's in general

...so...
The quad was said to be modified, bored out, bigger injector its got the Yoshimura exhaust and performance chip, was told to run 110 ...BUT.... the quad bogs,spits and sputters like hell, backfires, is hard to start and runs pretty rough when cold..continuously backfires when hot or when down shifting...I just realized the baffle was taken out of the exhaust so I know this contributes to the sputtering. I changed the oil on it then took it for a rip... it ran better but still rough... and HOT! so I filled it back up with coolant now it seems to run worse... but stays a lot cooler...

I'm thinking the valves might be out of whack but honestly I just need advice to know where to start... any help would be appreciated

·
Registered
2 Posts
OK guys, so I just got my 2008 LTR-450 R...I knew it might be risky when the previous owner said it was rebuilt a few times on top of being a theft recovery (don't worry I have all the paperwork, it's legit)... I just went for it I've always admired them... I have a pretty good knowledge on ATV's, However I need some help as I've always rode Raptor 700's and am unfamiliar with 450's in general

...so...
The quad was said to be modified, bored out, bigger injector its got the Yoshimura exhaust and performance chip, was told to run 110 ...BUT.... the quad bogs,spits and sputters like hell, backfires, is hard to start and runs pretty rough when cold..continuously backfires when hot or when down shifting...I just realized the baffle was taken out of the exhaust so I know this contributes to the sputtering. I changed the oil on it then took it for a rip... it ran better but still rough... and HOT! so I filled it back up with coolant now it seems to run worse... but stays a lot cooler...

I'm thinking the valves might be out of whack but honestly I just need advice to know where to start... any help would be appreciated
Does this machine have a efi programmer? If so it sounds like your map is wrong. If not it could be the wrong injector or your throttle position sensor is outta whack. Also check the plug and work back from there. If it has a swirl filter sometimes they clog. Hope this helps

1 - 2 of 2 Posts