Suzuki LT-R450 Forum :: LTR450HQ.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 07 LTR450, stock engine with cherry bomb and sparks exhaust. The quad will fire up but doesn't want to idle. Once it has been run for a bit it seems to idle for the most part. This is not the problem. When putting the quad into gear the rpm's just drop and you can hear them just die right out. You can pull the clutch in, put it in gear and hear this happen without even taking off. If you stay on the throttle just a bit it will stay running but as you the clutch out you really have to be on it or it stalls. My girlfriend races this quad so for her it's causing big problems. If she goes into a corner or slows down to roll the large jumps it will stall really easy unless you stay on the throttle. My 06 LTR was diong this last year but is fine now. I rode her LTR and it's not just her something isn't right at all. It dont matter what gear your in it does the same thing. I put my gas tank and the pump that is under the tank from my LTR on to her LTR and it made no difference. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have no idea what's wrong with it or where to start. Could it be a clutch issue or does anyone have any thoughts or things to try. Hope someone can help.
Thanks

·
Registered
644 Posts
have you checked the fuel filter or your throttle position sensor? those are the 2 easiest to check so i would start there... bad fuel posibly? spark plug bad?.

the regulator that is on the bottom of the tank is just a fuel pressure device. the pump is actually the round deal by your left calf when your on the bike. the regulators are known to gum up a bit and cause issuse but you have checked that so i would go to then next issuesit really sounds like a fuel filter but with the efi its had to say..

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
BOROC, Thanks for the reply and your help. I have not checked or changed the fuel filter. Where is the fuel filter located on these ones? I ordered a owners manual but it's not in until end of the week. I will check filter and plug and go from there. I will also check the fuel pump since it was the regulator that is under the tank that I had switched with the other quad.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts