Suzuki LT-R450 Forum :: LTR450HQ.com banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking in to getting an ltr 450 and would like to know what the loudest exhaust you can get for the ltr is. Dasa, rossier, yoshi, hmf? and yet to also improve hp and please dont give me the too loud talk. I live in the middle of no where.

·
Registered
9,611 Posts
I'm pretty sure HMF is the loudest. But, they are so very close that only a decibel meter will show that. HMF, Dasa, and Rossiere are all about the same. I rode with guys that have LTR's and Dasa's and they all agreed my HMF was much louder though.

Do a search. I believe someone posted the decibel for each pipe.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Feel like my ears are bleeding when I get in line behind an LTR/dasa and a goon who thinks that revving the bike does anything good for it.

·
Registered
712 Posts
I own a DASA and an HMF and the DASA is definitely louder. IMHO the HMF sounds better though. The exit out of the exhaust is bigger and the whole exhaust tubing is much larger then the HMF. It kinda weird that is it that way since the actual muffler on the DASA is larger.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Ron woods hands down is the loudest exhaust I've heard. Might as well bolt on a big horn.

·
Registered
369 Posts
My old as* rs5 is really rattly and stupid loud...lol so i got myself a lexx mxe pipe and its still a little loud with the quite core in it, but allot quieter than my other FMF factory 4.1.....I would say outta my 3 pipes hooked up to a yoshi header ,that my fmf 4.1 sounded the loudest and with my as* dyno ,it felt the fastest......:stupido:

·
Registered
369 Posts
Nah...im good ,personally off the track i dont like it to loud,on the track is a different story......

·
Registered
125 Posts
I had a big gun on my 06 was very loud

·
Registered
9,611 Posts
I own a DASA and an HMF and the DASA is definitely louder. IMHO the HMF sounds better though. The exit out of the exhaust is bigger and the whole exhaust tubing is much larger then the HMF. It kinda weird that is it that way since the actual muffler on the DASA is larger.
which HMF do you own? they have 5 different pipes for the LTR. I agree, the HMF sound is a signiture sound and has been for 15+ years. The Performance series is unrestricted and hella loud. I have a bill ballance pipe with custom core. Love it!

·
Registered
9,611 Posts
for what it's worth, just got off the phone with Mike at HMF and they are releasing a new pipe for the LTR this summer.. It's the Chris Borich pipe. They have his quad in shop now.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts