Suzuki LT-R450 Forum :: LTR450HQ.com banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, just bought a 208 LTR450, i already have some mods on it, cherry bomb, stock exhaust w/no baffle, modquad air flow kit. i was just wondering what the best kind of exhaust system would be the best for my quad, ive heard Yoshi is the best and also heard FMF too, just seeing what the options are, any feed back would be helpful! Thanks!!:rockwoot:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Am i alright by running with my air box lid off? got the cherry bomb and no baffle in stock muffler as well as modquad intake with K&N filter and pre-filter...as stated before, just came to mind, i run with the lid on now, but just wondered if it was ok to run with it off since its fuel injected, heard that i was supposed to keep it on..thoughts?

·
Registered
4,788 Posts
You will be fine with the lid off and that intake kit, even if you add an exhaust. Now if you get the Fuel ATV intake setup ( no air box at all ) then you will need a programmer for it. Stay away from FMF pipes on the LTR, do a search on here and you will find out why.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok sweet i will take it off, even running in the rain and snow it will be alright? so your opinion, whats the best type of exhaust on the market for the money...money isnt a issue, i just want to find the best quality system...

·
Registered
4,832 Posts
ok sweet i will take it off, even running in the rain and snow it will be alright? so your opinion, whats the best type of exhaust on the market for the money...money isnt a issue, i just want to find the best quality system...

Like others have said do some searching on here for the exhaust shootout. Dasa made the most power but Yoshi and others were right there. Diva and I both run Dasa and love them. PM FuelATV for a great price on a Dasa....

·
Registered
9,611 Posts
I think instead of FMF you meant HMF. Top quality pipe for sure. Dasa, Yoshi, Rossier and HMF are the standard for the LTR, Not the only pipes, just the standard.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
sweet, yeah i will have to do some research, probably will end up with yoshi, but im gonna look around, any thing else i can do to my quad and make it faster? or more powerful...

·
Registered
9,611 Posts
the sky is the limit!! how much are you willing to spend? :D

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
haha im set with my LTR...ok so i mostly trail ride, what system would be the best for me? im stuck between yoshi and dasa, never heard a ltr with a dasa but i have a buddy with a ltr and a yoshi and is pretty loud....stuck in the middle here...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
ehhh decent quad haha jk bro. thats pretty nice..what kind of nerfs are those? they are nice..i have the white ltr

·
Registered
160 Posts
Looney tuned is working with a company right now and are hand crafting an exhaust for the ltr and on some have put out +3 on the dyno and that is against another full system. I can call tomorrow and see if it is done yet if you would like. It is very much like the hmf or dasa in looks. I think is should be done by now but havent looked into in a month or so. Let me know if you want me to. I know they have changed the head pipe a few times to get the best power possible. I have the hmf and if i can get them to i can see if they will run in against mine for a comparison.

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
haha im set with my LTR...ok so i mostly trail ride, what system would be the best for me? im stuck between yoshi and dasa, never heard a ltr with a dasa but i have a buddy with a ltr and a yoshi and is pretty loud....stuck in the middle here...
ive seen both of those on an ltr, so you cant go wrong, yoshi does sponsor a suzuki team and they put a lot on money in many suzuki products and work along side them with test their products, not that im saying that yoshi is a better product

·
Registered
5 Posts
hey guys, just bought a 208 LTR450, i already have some mods on it, cherry bomb, stock exhaust w/no baffle, modquad air flow kit. i was just wondering what the best kind of exhaust system would be the best for my quad, ive heard Yoshi is the best and also heard FMF too, just seeing what the options are, any feed back would be helpful! Thanks!!:rockwoot:

Its loud, but has the best poweroutput from all, even dasa and yoshi. I hsd them all, and at the bottom end none are better than HMF. and thats when you gain and win races - out of corners you will fly better than yoshi, that is also good but not as. Dasa is grest and maybe best at top, but will loose against hmf in the low, so how you ride also makes a difference in choice. At a track i prefer HMF. And its the lightest of them. Go for the black ceramic if you ride alot on the trsck or in mud/enduro.. 👍
And to those who says hmf is bad...? Have you ever tried one, and comared it on the same bike..?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts