Suzuki LT-R450 Forum :: LTR450HQ.com banner

Ltr Build

6K views 24 replies 9 participants last post by  Drz250 
#1 ·
First off I would like to thank John and Bret at Racers Edge of AZ. We put this bike together for the little LTR deal that they had this past weekend at Glamis, and the night drags wound up being the same night.

We decided a week before that we would do a quick build and Im more then happy with the outcome so far. We started with a Racers Edge of AZ port job, and after extensive flow work, Bret came up with something that works very well. After that we did a new valve job on the head. RE of AZ has the best valve machine you can buy. Less then a handfull in the nation. All single tip cutting. Next, CP 13.75 single ring, gas ported piston. We installed a Dyna FI controller and I could not be happier with it. By the 4th pull we had it spot on. Super easy to adjust on the fly. Racers Edge of AZ proto type intake was installed with big K&N filter. DASA pipe topped it off, but will soon be replaced with the Racers Edge of AZ prototype Zuke pipe. Other then that, nothing else is done to this bike.

Racers Edge of AZ- 520-631-0797

I know the graphs are hard to see. I will try to scan them soon. The baseline is 46/32 with no lid, baffle, and CB. The after graph with mods is 54/38.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Wow very nice results man! You will have to give us a detailed ride report when you get a chance!

#4 ·
Stock cams? If so, that is pretty impressive. That is one broad powered, easy to ride machine there! And there is a lot left in that motor too(with different cam choices anyhow)!

#5 ·
R3, is this your business?

DASA is Team Racers Edge and they are in CA...your business was called R3Concepts and that is who built your TRX...you...right? So are you now Racers Edge?

You said you used a Dyna FI controller for this build...what else have you tested? PIMM/FIMAK? PC? Wondering how these all stack up in your experience...

Also, what fuel are you running on the dyno charts?

Any pics or details of the intake or pipe? Thanks...

#6 ·
R3, is this your business?

DASA is Team Racers Edge and they are in CA...your business was called R3Concepts and that is who built your TRX...you...right? So are you now Racers Edge?

You said you used a Dyna FI controller for this build...what else have you tested? PIMM/FIMAK? PC? Wondering how these all stack up in your experience...

Also, what fuel are you running on the dyno charts?

Any pics or details of the intake or pipe? Thanks...
[/b]

Um no. R3Concepts is a fab shop and has nothing to do with Racers Edge of AZ, nor am I the owner of RE of AZ. I built my TRX and I now work for RE of AZ.

No need to test other FI controllers. The Dyna did exactly what I wanted it to. Dont care to run Yosh products either.

The intake and pipe pics will not be released until they go into production.

We are running 110 in the graphs.

Bike will soon be on E85 or Alky.

Stock cams? If so, that is pretty impressive. That is one broad powered, easy to ride machine there! And there is a lot left in that motor too(with different cam choices anyhow)!
[/b]

Correct. Thinking of not going to different cams. Who wants to give up 38 ft lbs? Besides that equates to 40 on E85 and probably 41-42 on Alky.

#8 ·
It was done by Racers Edge of AZ. Why is everyone trying to tell me different?

Dan Lamey (Team Racers Edge, DASA) had nothing to do with this bike. Tuners Edge which is owned by Brindley Hanson had nothing to do with this bike.

I know what Im talking about, and it was built by Racers Edge of AZ.

#9 ·
It was done by Racers Edge of AZ. Why is everyone trying to tell me different?

Dan Lamey (Team Racers Edge, DASA) had nothing to do with this bike. Tuners Edge which is owned by Brindley Hanson had nothing to do with this bike.

I know what Im talking about, and it was built by Racers Edge of AZ.
[/b]
yes that's all well and good but who *built* your bike? just kidding...

great numbers!

is the valve machine a Serdi?

trying to learn about machining sorry for the dumb question.

By the way, how does the bike ride now after the build?

Dave

#10 ·
yes that's all well and good but who *built* your bike? just kidding...

great numbers!

is the valve machine a Serdi?

trying to learn about machining sorry for the dumb question.

By the way, how does the bike ride now after the build?

Dave
[/b]

Dave, the machine is a Newen BB Contour. Single tip cutting, spins at an average of 2200. It can allow for an infinite angle valve job with it being a single tip. No chatter whatsoever, and makes for a much better seal. Not a dumb question.

The bike rides very well. Very strong through 1-3 and kind of lays over on the hill when you get it into 4th. Once I get that ironed out it should run very well.

This bike will make 60 on our dyno by dune season. And they call our dyno "The WidowMaker"

#12 ·
Dave, the machine is a Newen BB Contour. Single tip cutting, spins at an average of 2200. It can allow for an infinite angle valve job with it being a single tip. No chatter whatsoever, and makes for a much better seal. Not a dumb question.

The bike rides very well. Very strong through 1-3 and kind of lays over on the hill when you get it into 4th. Once I get that ironed out it should run very well.

This bike will make 60 on our dyno by dune season. And they call our dyno "The WidowMaker"
[/b]
Thanks R3, interesting stuff...

What's the $$$ total if I had RE build one of these?

#17 ·
Morgan,

As much as you like E85, I'm sure you will atleast try that first for it's ease of tuning and consistency before Alky. Do you think the injector/controller will be able to add enough fuel for the increase in ethanol? I'm really curious for you to dump some in the tank and strap it back down again and post your findings. E85 sounds interesting. I was thinking about programming the PIM and having one map for pump/race gas and one map for E85. Just a simple plug and unplug incase if I can't find E85 where I'm riding at. Can't wait! :scoot:

#18 ·
Clone. Sorry, I dont know your name. Yes, we are going to test it on E85 tomorrow. The Dyna I have has 3 pre-programmed maps and a 4th that has all constants zeroed out. We played with it enough on the preprogrammed maos to know that 10.0 on the race gas would be more then ample room to run say a 13-13.5 on E85. I too cant wait. We already found more in the head, and have cams on the way. By the next dune run it should be high 50s.

#19 ·
Clone. Sorry, I dont know your name. Yes, we are going to test it on E85 tomorrow. The Dyna I have has 3 pre-programmed maps and a 4th that has all constants zeroed out. We played with it enough on the preprogrammed maos to know that 10.0 on the race gas would be more then ample room to run say a 13-13.5 on E85. I too cant wait. We already found more in the head, and have cams on the way. By the next dune run it should be high 50s.
[/b]
It's Adam.

13.5:1 AFR sounds great to me.

I'm amazed you are getting much gain out of the headwork and even finding more, but glad to hear it. I figured the semi down draft intake would do most of the work itself. I'm sure the valve machine you have helps low lift #'s.

How concerned are you with the E85 and the o'rings in the EFI system?

I told myself I wasn't going to do more than bolt on's this time, but somehow it's getting tempting.... I mean, what could a set of mild cams, porting and HC piston really hurt? Oh jeez.. here I go..... I'd really like to see what Hotcams has to offer. They usually make valvetrain friendly cams that make nice power/torque.

#20 ·
It's Adam.

13.5:1 AFR sounds great to me.

This is a good enough AF for me. Lean is mean. Well at least a little lean.

I'm amazed you are getting much gain out of the headwork and even finding more, but glad to hear it. I figured the semi down draft intake would do most of the work itself. I'm sure the valve machine you have helps low lift #'s.

The intake works sick, its the exhaust that can be worked on. Also the big lip in the combustion chamber is easy to improve on, and I would go on to say that for seat sizes and sweeps, that +1s would be the ticket.

How concerned are you with the E85 and the o'rings in the EFI system?

Im not. E85 is not nearly as corrosive as Alky.

I told myself I wasn't going to do more than bolt on's this time, but somehow it's getting tempting.... I mean, what could a set of mild cams, porting and HC piston really hurt? Oh jeez.. here I go..... I'd really like to see what Hotcams has to offer. They usually make valvetrain friendly cams that make nice power/torque.

I keep trying to get HCs to speed up the 2 months they still claim. Besides I dont want to send cores for Webs, but oh well. Webs they are.

I hear you on the mods part. This is my ole ladies duner, and I wasnt going to touch it. Then the 1st LTR dune trip came up and me and the porter at the shop were like hey, what the hell. So now that it puts down bigger #s then my Alky Honda, Im happy but dissapointed. Ya know, vicous circle kinda deal.
[/b]

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.