Suzuki LT-R450 Forum :: LTR450HQ.com banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello, i recently have just done a top end on my quad. it ran great for awhile but one day at the track the quad bogged out and died. it would still crank over but wouldnt start. when i got home i pulled the plug out and it was black and i crank over the engine with the plug out and alot of gas sprayed out. ive cleaned everything i could think of filters, injectors, air filter, tps is adjusted. it will start but seems to never want to idle properly and eventually just stalls and after about 1 minute of riding it just bogs all the way down and shuts off, and i have to wait about a minute and i can start it right back up

·
Registered
101 Posts
What should the pressure be between the regulator and the injector?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
so today i got my hands on a fuel pressure tester and i started up the quad and it got 42 psi. i watched the gauge carefully, and during idle even while its studdering and trying to die im still getting 42 psi. the only time it changes is when i hit the throttle it drops slightly. would it effect anything if the little filter on the top of the injector was removed? mine ripped so i pulled it off

·
Super Moderator
31,830 Posts
the only time it changes is when i hit the throttle it drops slightly. would it effect anything if the little filter on the top of the injector was removed? mine ripped so i pulled it off

Only if it allowed debris through and is restricting the injector which is very possible.

Maybe check your TPS voltage sweep for any glitches.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
the only time it changes is when i hit the throttle it drops slightly. would it effect anything if the little filter on the top of the injector was removed? mine ripped so i pulled it off

Only if it allowed debris through and is restricting the injector which is very possible.

Maybe check your TPS voltage sweep for any glitches.
my tps seems to hold the same voltage while running doesnt seem to jump around unless i hit the throttle

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.