Suzuki LT-R450 Forum :: LTR450HQ.com banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 06 ltr 450 that refuses to start unless you jump it. The battery is fully charged. Once you hook it to a jump pack it will fire right up and run all day. This one has me stumped has a brand new battery and a new stator.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes it does it cranks over, just a little slow. Has a stumble when it cranks almost sounds like the timing is off. But if you jump it it cranks fast and smooth and fires right up

·
Registered
21 Posts
How old is the battery? The battery may be fully charge but can not take a load like when cranking. Usually caused by a bad cell. I also recommend to check the battery terminal connection. Clean them with a wire brush even if they look ok. Check the battery voltage when cranking. Should be around 11 volts without the jump box.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Clean your connections on the battery and the starter, sounds like the jump pack hooked to the line is doing all the work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
2,775 Posts
Check your cranking compression when hooked up to the jumpers. Don’t want anything over 115-120 psi. If it is your decompression mechanisms in the exhaust cam is not working correctly

1 - 6 of 6 Posts