61 - 70 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
What im trying to say is im not understanding you

·
Registered
3,071 Posts
There are the ones who claim it only does 70, with proof because "they clocked it" or their "GPS said so" and there are the others who claim mid 80s with proof because "they clocked it" or their "GPS said so." So who's right? Maybe we just live in different dimensions.

·
Registered
719 Posts
There are the ones who claim it only does 70, with proof because "they clocked it" or their "GPS said so" and there are the others who claim mid 80s with proof because "they clocked it" or their "GPS said so." So who's right? Maybe we just live in different dimensions.
I think its a case of people trying to make their machine sound better. Fact of the matter is a bone stock ltr with a cherry bomb will not get into the 80's. With mods and gearing it can be done. With 18's on stock gearing it isn't going to do it. With the mods in my sig, stock gearing and 18's I'm no where near 80's. Gearing and bigger tires get you into the 80's not ponies and torque.

I'm planning on buying a helmet cam in the near future and I will post a video of my GPS and my top speed off the limiter so this topic can maybe be put to bed.

·
Registered
719 Posts
Depends on the gasoline you're using. When I run 93 I can go from 75-80. On a good day.
Please tell me that you don't honestly believe that gasoline plays a part in top speed on a stock motor.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Wow, that's cool..All I have to do is add good gas. Wish I would have thought about that sooner. Think of all the races I lost.

·
Registered
101 Posts
My buddy and I took our quads to the local 1/4 mile track. Mine tops out just over 83 on stock gearing and 20" nobbies. It's gets to 83 before the 1/4. I was doing 75 by the 1/8. I'll post my time slip tonight. I did 86 on gps a different time but no proof. I should get my Gopro and post it.

·
Premium Member
28,672 Posts
Altitude, temperature, barometric pressure, fender cut, rider stance, air filter and how it's oiled will play a part as well.

I know on my KX500 I could gain almost 2 mph just by tucking my left arm in and putting my hand on the gas cap and another 3 MPH by taking off the radiator shrouds.

View attachment 20606

·
Registered
1 Posts
My 08 ltr topped out at 80.4mph, gps confirmed! Stock gearing, uncorked, no airbox lid, cherry bomb, 18x10x8 rears and race cut fenders.. Thats with running on 93 octane. Im also 245lbs

·
Registered
1 Posts
Dude, bone stock this quad will not go over 73mph. It's just plain simple. I dont care what elevation or race gas you have hahaha...I have a stock geared 06 with Yoshey Bomb, Lid-Off, Sparkey Out sittin on small mx tires and mine just bearly hits the 73-74 range. I want to see some videos of these stock-LTRS doing high 70's and mid 80's haha....I betcha we wont get one video posted
Yall are funny.. dudes are saying 88 mph. Lmmfao I have a 686 raptor with hot cams, jetted, few other things and she opens up at 84 with a big sprocket and 81 with a lil guy. My raptor, will eat everyone one of y'all done up zukes let alone stock. You do realize, although they are cosmetically nice, they are only above the Kawasaki in their class. Yfz, Honda, ktm, can am, all smoke em. Some people are.just lookin for attention I think

61 - 70 of 70 Posts