Suzuki LT-R450 Forum :: LTR450HQ.com banner
21 - 40 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
whoever said the ltr wont go over 75 stock is to scared to ride it the way it should be ridden, that guy needs to go buy a z400, ill be putting on a trail tech vapor computer on my ltr, i havent done much research on how accurate it is but once its on ill prove to anyone itll go at least 80 with just a two brothers complete exhaust and a cherry bomb.

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
whoever said the ltr wont go over 75 stock is to scared to ride it the way it should be ridden, that guy needs to go buy a z400, ill be putting on a trail tech vapor computer on my ltr, i havent done much research on how accurate it is but once its on ill prove to anyone itll go at least 80 with just a two brothers complete exhaust and a cherry bomb.
with 5 gear pegged, i cant go faster. scared... i pegged 6th gear on my last street bike at 166...definitely not scared of 75.

·
Registered
756 Posts
When my LTR was stock (motor, suspension, tire/wheel, and gearing wise), I got up to 110 km/h (which is about 68 mph) but ran out of room.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Dude, bone stock this quad will not go over 73mph. It's just plain simple. I dont care what elevation or race gas you have hahaha...I have a stock geared 06 with Yoshey Bomb, Lid-Off, Sparkey Out sittin on small mx tires and mine just bearly hits the 73-74 range. I want to see some videos of these stock-LTRS doing high 70's and mid 80's haha....I betcha we wont get one video posted

·
Registered
23 Posts
+1 for another realist. These bikes won't even run 80 on a dyno with stock gearing, but people still seem to think it'll run 80+ in the real world....

Dude, bone stock this quad will not go over 73mph. It's just plain simple. I dont care what elevation or race gas you have hahaha...I have a stock geared 06 with Yoshey Bomb, Lid-Off, Sparkey Out sittin on small mx tires and mine just bearly hits the 73-74 range. I want to see some videos of these stock-LTRS doing high 70's and mid 80's haha....I betcha we wont get one video posted

·
Registered
70 Posts
"powertrip" wait a minute.... After pondering this for quite some time I believe I found out the hidden secret on how to get these, "STOCK LTRS" to reach high 70's/80's. Waitttt......Waittttt.....Waitttt for it.....

SHAVED FRONT FENDERS:shocked::shocked::shocked:

This unrestricted airflow easily adds 7-15mph :beerchug:

Suzuki LTR-450... $8,000
Oil Change...$15.00
Fuel...$15.00

Shaving your fenders and gaining 7-15MPH

PRICELESS !!!

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
+1 for another realist. These bikes won't even run 80 on a dyno with stock gearing, but people still seem to think it'll run 80+ in the real world....
Actually mine ran 87 mph on the dyno with stock gearing at the rev limiter. Tires were slightly larger than stock so maybe 84-85 with stock tires. Bolt on with cams I've been radared at 76, fully built motor 81.

·
Premium Member
28,672 Posts
When I first got my quad I was so anxious to ride it, it went over 100MPH just going to the dunes, no lie dead stock with uncut fenders.

just about blew a tire on the trailer tho :rofl:

·
Registered
38 Posts
Me too shady,but then I got to cement and it dropped back down to 74. For the people who think there quads do 76+ your an idiot. I was clocked at 74 with cherry and uncorked lid off by my buddies chp radar which is accurate

·
Premium Member
28,672 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
My brother followed me in his brand new liberty and I got up to 88 airbox uncovered, cherry bomb and uncorked...............................

......................Going down a hill...lol

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Me too shady,but then I got to cement and it dropped back down to 74. For the people who think there quads do 76+ your an idiot. I was clocked at 74 with cherry and uncorked lid off by my buddies chp radar which is accurate
Cut your front fenders and you will prove your own statement wrong. Cutting mine picked up 3mph top speed, same day same radar gun.(not a cheap uncalibrated radar gun either)

·
Registered
70 Posts
Damn, I picked up around 9mph from shaving my front fenders. How sharp are you angles on your cuts?

·
Registered
9 Posts
My brother followed me in his brand new liberty and I got up to 88 airbox uncovered, cherry bomb and uncorked...............................

......................Going down a hill...lol
I have 07 ltr. With yoshi exhaust,cherry bomb and K&N we clock mine at 83mph

·
Registered
70 Posts
And a Rocket attached to your back. No way its possiable. Exhaust doesnt make you go faster. The Chery bomb, exhaust, open lid, and ect. will not affect your MPH. Those mods will only affect your torque and ET. Sprockets and gearing will only affect MPH. I must have bought a LEMON, I want to buy one these stock ltrs that goe 76-85 mph. I got ripped off hahahhaaaa

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
And a Rocket attached to your back. No way its possiable. Exhaust doesnt make you go faster. The Chery bomb, exhaust, open lid, and ect. will not affect your MPH. Those mods will only affect your torque and ET. Sprockets and gearing will only affect MPH. I must have bought a LEMON, I want to buy one these stock ltrs that goe 76-85 mph. I got ripped off hahahhaaaa
since you seem to know how fast a LTR will go why don't you enlighten the rest of us.:popcorn:

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have no reason to lie I don't race just a play toy before I put cherry bomb & pipe I was only getting 67 mph guess I'm going to have to youtube it.

21 - 40 of 70 Posts