1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
14,129 Posts
Maybe like 65?

·
Premium Member
527 Posts
I dont know how accurate it was but with a 13 tooth front sprocket and 20 inch tires with about 20 psi in them mine did 88.08 mph on a loaded dyno.

·
Registered
3,071 Posts
stock gearing and tires and rear lowering kit I hit 85, clocked it with a truck next to me. this was just with cbrm

·
Registered
23 Posts
Your full of shyatt. LTR's with stock gearing and just a cherry bomb simply won't go that fast. If you're any where near Socal I'm more than happy to meet up with you and prove you wrong with my Stalker radar gun. Mid-80's...please :rolleyes1:.

·
Registered
75 Posts
my 08 with cherry bomb, lid off, sparky out, 20" razors and stock gearing did 82 using my gps. hit 87.8 w/ cam, pc3, yosh and 14t front 35t rear sprockets.

·
Registered
539 Posts
i hit 77 i went past a speed trap

·
Registered
512 Posts
Stock I believe is low 70's, crbm totally uncorked with 20" tires I can see 80mph, but with stock gearing it will not pull it hard at all.

I run the mods in my sig, with 20" tires and 13/36 gearing it revs out 5th much harder, with bolt-ons and a PCIII & 20" tires I still think it will push 80mph.

Now- run sand gearing like a 13/38 and it drops down close to 75 pegged, get on a loose surface and your lucky to see 70 with any of the above combos.

Just face it, these bikes accelerate pretty hard, but they're not THAT fast, a fully built P&P,cammed, bike may not go a whole lot faster (high compression and big bores might actually not rev as high) you would have to be able to pull higher gearing, on a 20" tire like a 14/35& rev it out an a good surface - but why? much faster and aero dynamics really comes into play, and if your doing this on asphalt for fun your kinda dumb IMHO- you crash and it's over.

·
Registered
539 Posts
i ran a 77 through a speed trap

·
Registered
2 Posts
73.5mph on asphalt. Elevation 5250ft (Elevation will play a factor on the top speed). Used a Magellan Triton 2000 in my pocket. Stock motor, gearing, and tires running race gas 112 octane.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Dirt Wheels equipped one with GPS on a test and it was 71

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Stock motor, gearing, and tires running race gas 112 octane.
Why would you be running 112 race gas with a stock motor????????????????????????????

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
maybe not yours. lol. it was an '06 tacoma with stock tires and no lift. speedo is correct.
no factory speedo is 100% correct. they usually read faster than what you are going.

Stock motor, gearing, and tires running race gas 112 octane.
Why would you be running 112 race gas with a stock motor????????????????????????????
race gas on a stock motor doesnt make your quad faster, waste of money.

with 13t/37t sprockets 20" rear tire pegged 5th at 73mph on a gps unit on asphalt.

1 - 20 of 70 Posts