Suzuki LT-R450 Forum :: LTR450HQ.com banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys i been with the forum a couple months and some people have been quite a help while others not so much. i was hoping i could get some REAL help with what i need for tt racing i have a few friends who do it in the mwedt circuit (i think is what its called) and i just want to see if im going in the right direction. Im going to list my mods so far and anything that's wrong or i don't have please let me know or if you just have some pointers please let me know i don't want to look like an idiot.

1) I've heard i need to lower it but im not sure.
2) Do I have to run the Hoosier slicker tires or can i run my stock ones for now.
3) Will a stabilizer hurt or help me with this type of racing since you have fast turns left and right pretty close together. If so which one is the best.
4) Do i have to have number on front and back of quad if i have it on my graphics?
5) Best sway-bar for this?
6) If there is a better part for what i am going to do let me know or if there is just another good brand such as arm etc let me know thanks guys!

The reason i haven't asked my friends all these questions is because they are either busy with their own quads right now or i don't want to be a bother or look like an idiot and asking questions is what these forums are for right?
Please bare with me as i have not raced before just had my own track in backyard when younger and i do not know everything there is to know.

List of Mods:
Port and polished head,
Dasa full exhaust,
Fuel ATV air intake,
Alba Nerf bars,
Dg front bumper,
Full Flight A-arms,
Push button start,
Pro-Armor kill switch,
Red CV4 hoses,
Red Streamline brake-lines,
Red ASV brake and clutch levers
Power Commander 5 W/ Auto-tune
Front sprocket 13 tooth
Rear Sprocket 37 tooth
Renthal handlebars

Quad isn't done being put back together yet but as soon as it is i will put pics up!

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
wow nobody has any kind of help out of the views ive gotten from this?...

·
Registered
131 Posts
Every place I've been to to watch them had a knobby class and then all other classes. All the knobby classes weren't set up for TT racing but other classes were. From what I gathered this is what you need to be competitive:

-1 or -2 swingarm
Shorter shocks to accommodate the lowering of the quad
Wider a- arms which I think ltr stock might be ok
Sway bar
Lowering kit front and rear
Nerf bars
Hoosier, maxxis, American racer, or duro makes flat track/TT tires which I believe the track depends on what the tires will be (soft, medium, hard compound)

If I think of more ill post but that's what I recall as of now. I know there is more as a real TT racer will have to fill in buy that's the most of it

·
Premium Member
359 Posts
Swaybar will be a must. I have Rath(best) for $395, Durablue(good) for $365. Lowering will definitely help. If blue groove, slick tracks, you'll need 10" Hoosier type tires, if a loamy open traction type TT track you can get away with knobby tires. The number requirements depend on the track, but usually a front number either on the bumper or front plastic, side numbers on the fenders, usually a back plate is required but maybe just on your jersey is fine.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks guys i appreciate it and i already have tires now beause my buddies found some free time and i now just need some ten inch rear rims i have got a say bar already but next time i will defiantely looks at yours immortal since you have some good prices but i appreciate the help guys

·
Registered
282 Posts
Always keep in mind that lighter is better in this type racing for sure.
You would greatly benefit from the -2 swingarm and hoosiers but I prefer the
American racers cause they last longer and seem to hook up better IMO.
You would also really benefit from adjustable a-arms to put more of the front tires on the track,and it will handle much better for you.the mods you listed will be good starting out.
Good luck and have fun,tt racing is a blast

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Always keep in mind that lighter is better in this type racing for sure.
You would greatly benefit from the -2 swingarm and hoosiers but I prefer the
American racers cause they last longer and seem to hook up better IMO.
You would also really benefit from adjustable a-arms to put more of the front tires on the track,and it will handle much better for you.the mods you listed will be good starting out.
Good luck and have fun,tt racing is a blast
Thanks man i appreciate it i bought a pair of razr tt tires of my buddy and some full light a arms also i really appreciate the help

1 - 7 of 7 Posts