Suzuki LT-R450 Forum :: LTR450HQ.com banner

81 - 100 of 102 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Yes that is a quick way to tell if the fpr had a catastrophic failure. It won't tell you if the fpr is regulating the correct pressure.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
you mean if you can blow into the intake tap, and it comes out through the outlet to the injector, this means it is bad?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2008 ltr450 and today my bike backfired out of the carb and shut off, this is my first fuel injection bike, so I'm trying to figure out what this can be, I true searching but haven't had much luck...

·
Registered
103 Posts
OK< well after much time parts testing etc. you guys may want to know what actually happened to my 450 and why it would run great then cut out.
It was not the filter, or the FPR or the pump. ......

It was that I have a desert tank and the vent line from the pump that is supposed to be run up high, i had connected to the swirl line under the tank to clean up the hoses a bit.
Recall, I had to pull the engine to rebuild the trans again. so while it was apart i spent time cleaning the deep grunge and lubing the pivots etc. and one thing I did was replace the lines and the old routing for the swirl return and the vent was to meet up high at a T right behind the steering stem, almost the same level as the gas cap.
I wanted to run just one line up forward of the tank so I Teed the lines off under the tank. Soooo.
When the pumpwas working, sometimes the vent line was full of fuel and was keeping the incoming fuel from flowing into the pump by gravity.
I was screwing around, feeling like I would never get it fixed and realized I could watch the filter run dry (I run a glass filter) HOW??? It was all new everything new new new dammit....!!!, then i would pull the line and it would flow. it was running free. Once I moved the pump vent line to end and terminate up high, it ran great and even when riding it hard. Finally, fixed and now it is 105 out here so no riding until Fall.
At least some of you made some money selling me hard parts I didnt need.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I am new to this and any help is appreciated. Trying to determine if my Ltr is out of time or a fuel issue. It will start and idle fine but when i smash the gas it pops and cracks. But if i hold some fuel to it while cranking and when it hits, it revs like it should but after that it goes back to poping and backfiring. Has pim2, rs-5 slip on, no air box lid. If anyone can help it would be much thanks

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #90 ·
Start with the fuel. Do you still have stock filter or in-line? Get to the 1st post and start with all the fuel related ones.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks rob. I took all my fuel componets off this morning after i posted that. I have a inline but my fuel pumps screen is pretty nasty and im gonna try and clean the injector. Can you buy inner pumps or do you have to buy a complete pump?

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #92 ·

·
Registered
1 Posts
falla

Saludos.... espero alguien pueda ayudarme...mi ltr tiene fallas... trabaja bien Hasta cierto momento donde empieza a quedarse como sin gasolina y no acelera y empieza a tirar contra explociones... si lo apago y vuelvo y lo prendo no lo hace... le cambié la bomba de gasolina y nada .... alguien a experimentado algo parecido? Me pueden aconsejar que puede ser?

·
Super Moderator
31,830 Posts
Greetings .... I hope someone can help me ... my fault
... ltr has worked well up to a point where it starts to stay out of gas and not accelerate and starts pulling against
explosions ... if I turn it off and go back and I light it does not ... I changed the fuel pump and nothing ....
someone experienced something similar ? I can advise that it be?

·
Registered
1 Posts
07 ltr Lexx fueler died so I reverted to stock fueler. Runs surprisingly well but when I shut it off at the bottom of a dune hillclimb then start up again and go through the woops it shuts off as soon as I accelerate up the hill. Starts right up again and seems fine until the next sharp climb. tested the Tip Over Sensor per shop manual it appears ok.
HOW DO YOU GET A TROUBLE CODE?

·
Super Moderator
31,830 Posts
07 ltr Lexx fueler died so I reverted to stock fueler. Runs surprisingly well but when I shut it off at the bottom of a dune hillclimb then start up again and go through the woops it shuts off as soon as I accelerate up the hill. Starts right up again and seems fine until the next sharp climb. tested the Tip Over Sensor per shop manual it appears ok.
HOW DO YOU GET A TROUBLE CODE?
Ground the white wire with the red tracer in the CRBM connector. Read the flashes on the FI light.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Troubles with my quad running

I'm having trouble with my 07 ltr 450 running. It would run for 2 minutes and shut off and hard to stay running afterwards. So I thought it was the fuel filter. I changed it and figured it would run good. Well I was wrong. Again it ran/runs for 2-3 minutes and shuts off again. I'm Not sure if it's a different sensor or not.

Any ideas guys?

·
Registered
8 Posts
My ltr keeps cutting out to. It will only cut out when the engine gets warm though, but when it cuts out it sound exactly like a fuel problem.

81 - 100 of 102 Posts