Suzuki LT-R450 Forum :: LTR450HQ.com banner
21 - 40 of 103 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
When you guys are checking fuel pressure how are you hooking up the fuel lines with those connectors on them? Or am I not reading that step correctly? I have a basic guage that will read high enough with a T fitting but I'm at a loss on how to set it up. Anyone have a photo?

·
Registered
3 Posts
ltr problem

hi i am having troubles with a quad i just bought for my wife it barely starts then when it does start it idles great then when you touch the throttle it pops you let out the clutch it dies i was wondering if you could help

·
Registered
544 Posts
I use U4.4 race gas and even though it comes in a sealed 5 gallon can, I do see small particles in the filters I use in my gas funnel. I use the cone filters made for straining automotive paint and put them in my gas funnel whenever I fill up. I've had no issues since doing this.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Damn...wish I had looked at this before writing my thread, it did answer a few questions I had, great write up helped lots, I hope one of these checks will fix my idle issue!

·
Registered
54 Posts
This thread helps guys!!! Do everything here and check it all thoroughly. I cleaned every part of the fuel system there is to clean (fuel filters, tank, fuel pump filter, lines, intake housing, air filter) Put fresh fuel in her and idles like it should! Thanks for the help I am very pleased:)

·
Registered
434 Posts
Check the voltage on it and check if any wires are cut (happened to me).

·
Registered
54 Posts
So I thought I had my idleing issue resolved after thoroughly cleaning every fuel component. Turns out the problem is back becuase the quad just won't idle at all. If you barely touch the throttle and beyond it runs perfectly fine but you have to babysit it otherwise to keep it from dying??? Anyone have any answers for me from here?? Would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
678 Posts
have you tryed adjusting the throtle cable at the handle bar or the air idle screw on the throtle body?

·
Registered
54 Posts
I messed with the throttle cable and it seems like mixture issue more than basic adjustment... I have not messed with the mixture screw yet. Which on is it so I make sure I play with the right one... and what are the adjustments? Turn in less fuel/more fuel, turn out...ect. Thanks for the help

·
Registered
1 Posts
ltr 450 control unit cutting power

hey guys i have a problem here with my 2006 ltr 450. sometimes the quad wont start unless i wiggle the control unit under the hood. then i take off and it boggs and backfires. it seems like a short in the control unit but i have no idea what to do about it and i dont wanna spend 350.00 on a new unit if i can just fix the shorted wire. any help?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Sounds like the issue I am having seems like when I get a little past half throttle it starts running really rough bogging, backfiring (or somewhat like it). I haven't bought a fuel pressure gauge yet but have changed the spark plug to Iridium and the fuel filter is fine so I ordered a new fuel pump hope it solves it any other ideas.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Added a #12....

·
Registered
87 Posts
Sounds like the issue I am having seems like when I get a little past half throttle it starts running really rough bogging, backfiring (or somewhat like it). I haven't bought a fuel pressure gauge yet but have changed the spark plug to Iridium and the fuel filter is fine so I ordered a new fuel pump hope it solves it any other ideas.
Sounds like the filter in the injector is partially clogged, if not that it's fuel pressure.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey guys i have an odd Bogging problem on my LTR, It Starts and idles fine and when you cob on the throttle it gets up and goes without hesitation but it seems like right in the middle when your just cruising around it acts like there is a dead spot in the throttle and it spits and sputters so i have to keep stress on the engine to remedy it or just let off the throttle entirely. I just got this bike and already did a routine maintenance like, oil/filter change, air filter change, drain the tank and filled back up with 91 with a bit of sea foam, as well as changed the plug. it also smells like its running rich.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
Read the post, but I would start with the injector and fuel filter. If you have a programmer, unhook it and try that.

·
Registered
31 Posts
hey im having trouble with mine to it wont idle unless you help it and wont start unless you give it gas and is boggy when you ride it. what should i start with i was thinking injector filter because valves are good and so is tps.

21 - 40 of 103 Posts