Suzuki LT-R450 Forum :: LTR450HQ.com banner

Long Travel A-arms By Koq

7K views 56 replies 26 participants last post by  NATIONALMXMAN12 
#1 ·
THIS IS KOQ RACING PRODUCTS, I WAS REFERED TO THIS SITE FROM ANOTHER WEB SITE, I AM GLAD TO SEE SO MANY PEOPLE TALKING ABOUT OUR PRODUCT. THE REASON OUR A-ARMS ARE LESS EXPENSIVE THEN OUR COMPITION IS SIMPLE, WE DON'T PAY THOUSANDS IN ADVERTISING WE BUILD A QUALITY PRODUCT, AND WORD OF MOUTH AND FORUMS SUCH AS THIS ONE DO IT FOR US, SO WE DON'T HAVE TO MARK UP OUR PRODUCTS 500% TO MAKE A PROFIT. SINCE THERE WERE 3 PAGES OF QUESTIONS ON WHO WE ARE AND HOW THE A-ARMS ARE BUILT FEEL FREE TO E-MAIL ME AT KIDSONQUADS@PRODIGY.NET OR CALL OUR SHOP AT 616-363-1215
TOM @ KOQ RACING PRODUCTS

#2 ·
THIS IS KOQ RACING PRODUCTS, I WAS REFERED TO THIS SITE FROM ANOTHER WEB SITE, I AM GLAD TO SEE SO MANY PEOPLE TALKING ABOUT OUR PRODUCT. THE REASON OUR A-ARMS ARE LESS EXPENSIVE THEN OUR COMPITION IS SIMPLE, WE DON'T PAY THOUSANDS IN ADVERTISING WE BUILD A QUALITY PRODUCT, AND WORD OF MOUTH AND FORUMS SUCH AS THIS ONE DO IT FOR US, SO WE DON'T HAVE TO MARK UP OUR PRODUCTS 500% TO MAKE A PROFIT. SINCE THERE WERE 3 PAGES OF QUESTIONS ON WHO WE ARE AND HOW THE A-ARMS ARE BUILT FEEL FREE TO E-MAIL ME AT KIDSONQUADS@PRODIGY.NET OR CALL OUR SHOP AT 616-363-1215
TOM @ KOQ RACING PRODUCTS
[/b]
Welcome!

Could you turn caps lock off?

And how about some pictures of the a-arms?

Thanks,

Dave

#3 ·
Interesting...

#5 ·
Well looks like we could have another site sponsor!

#6 ·
For anyone who doesnt know who Kids On Quads are, or who have never had the pleasure of doing business with them, I for one have done business with them this season and in my ten plus years in the industry I have to say they are some of the nicest, most professional people I have ever come accross. I bought a set of Elka suspension off of them and they gave me a ridiculously good deal. I have to say if they are putting their name on this product, its must be nothing but top quality !! Dont shoot them down just because you have never heard of them. I still remember racing with Mike Walsh locally and people sitting in staging making fun of some of his stuff, those people were calling him asking for a good deal not too long after that.

#7 ·
That sounds hauntingly familiar... :blink:

#8 ·
If these are the e-bay a-arms can you post some info on them. Like what is the castor set at, and what is the leverage ratio?
FUELATV
[/b]
Any information KOQ?

Also do you make any products for a 2005 Polaris 90?

#11 ·
$15,995 for a Honda 90 huh?... :rolleyes: wowsers...I want that kids dad for my own... :lol:

#17 ·
the shocks that were used for testing, were Fox Evols, but Elka, and Moto Woz are working on building shocks for them also, the caster was set up a little faster then stock for better turning. Since we have so much intetest in them being fully adjustable, we will be building them both ways with the fully adjustable being more expensive. we use 3/4 inch heims with our own pin design. We will have more pictures up on our web-site this week, and will be comming out with a rear link designed by 1986 national #1 pro Gary tripp who helps out with our design work. If anyone has any questions, feel free to e-mail me at kidsomquads@prodigy.net, or call the shop at 616-363-1215
Tom @ koq racing

#23 ·
I had been given a set of Walsh arms from a friend, and then bought some Fox shocks for them from a Vendor on this site. Well, when I went to install them they were tweaked and bent beyond fixing so I ended up scraping them. Looks like whichever racer had them before they were given to me may had rearend someone or something. So anyway, I purchased a set of LT arms from KOQ because they were so inexpensive. Well, the old saying goes " you get what you pay for" definatley applies here. First off the arms look okay. The powder coating is not the best I have seen, but they get beat pretty fast anyway. So I go to mount them up and there is a 1/4" of freeplay between the mounts and the pivots on the arms. This is on every pivot making them so sloppy. The mounting tabs on the frame for the arms measure 1.875" and the pivots on the KOQ arms measure 1.625". I call Tom and he told me to shim them. So after 3 hrs of cutting down the bearing spacers and making the correct shims for the mounts, I get the arms on, set everything up and tighten down according to KOQ and then head for a dirt field to get a feel for them. These are the squirliest, twitchiest arms I have ever ridden on. They turn a quad as stable as a freight train into a quad that is about as stable as a clowns mini bike on a downhill mountain bike course.(this is after I tried 1/8" and 1/4" toe in with 4 degrees of camber). I have not been able to check caster yet( they are none adjustable), but they look almost to be on the positive side.
I know it was my dumb ass who bought them before getting any specs, but you would think that when almost every LT arm manufacturer is giving the LTR more negative castor that they would do the same. "Set up faster to turn better" really means "Put two steering dampers on it and pray you can keep it in a straight line". I will warn everyone before purchasing, these are not for everyone.

My .02

#24 ·
no thats not your fault. Sounds like another blingstar story but with KOQ. So what you going to do now? sell them on ebay or send them back or rough it out?

#25 ·
If I get them, (not likely, most likely keeping stock) I will keep my Walsh upper adjustables so I can run the stock settings. I asked him if they are going to make adjustable uppers and he said no, because people don't know how to set up a front end properly and that it would not be set up right and all of that. Riiight.

#26 ·
^^^^I got the same speech for Tom. "Most customers don't know how to set up their suspension". I think KOQ should listen to there own advise and maybe set them up right the first time so customers that don't have a clue have a better starting point.
I think I am going to chop off the upper pivots and tig some 3/4" heims on and make the uppers adjustable. Basically fix what should have come out of his shop in the first place. Needless to say I have learned my lesson with LT arms. "YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR".

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.