Suzuki LT-R450 Forum :: LTR450HQ.com banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up 4 ITP Holeshot MXR6 18/10/8 rears and 19/6/10 fronts, from the way its been sounding I may have made huge mistake buying these tires. My stock Dunlop tires lasted all summer and I figured im due for new shoes cuz I plan on racing this summer. The Dunlops are pretty much hoovered unless I was to trail ride but I typically dont anyway. Am i better off tryin to get rid of these things before I mount them or am I worried bout absolutely nothing? Thanks in advance guys!

·
Registered
14,129 Posts
Why are you worried?

·
Registered
473 Posts
ITP do have a history of wearing out a little faster. The reason is that they use a softer compound. This allows them to grip better.

I would not run 19s on the front unless it feels right to you.

·
Registered
2,702 Posts
It depends on what type ground you riding on. Hard ground will eat them up faster, but softer soil will take awhile longer. I've used MXR6's for a long time, and they have worked great for me.

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
I love these tires. Work awesome in the loomy stuff we have here.

·
Registered
2,702 Posts
The MXR4's are mainly used for sandy tracks ( Deep, loamy stuff) But to add to the question of if he did good. The 18's in back are fine, but i would've went 20 in front, but who knows... i never used 19's.

·
Registered
788 Posts
i like mine, don't let Japanese lovers talk you into the maxxis

·
Registered
4,788 Posts
I have riden with 19" fronts and 20" fronts. On a nice smooth track, dry track the 19" fronts are alright. But for most track's I have ridden the 20" fronts work so much better, you don't feel the smaller bumps as much, and they turn alot better in mud.

And like everyone else said the MXR6's are great for a sofl loamy track. But the track around here ( Ohio, Indiana) are generally very hard packed and get blue groved very easily which will where the MXR6's out in one practice session.

·
Registered
14,129 Posts
I think their wear is exaggerated. I really don't think they would wear out in 1 practice session on a blue grooved track. I raced on mine all season like 8 races and they didn't show much wear. I dunno what some of you do to eat tires like that? :unsure:

·
Registered
4,788 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (NWI_#73 @ Feb 11 2009, 09:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I think their wear is exaggerated. I really don't think they would wear out in 1 practice session on a blue grooved track. I raced on mine all season like 8 races and they didn't show much wear. I dunno what some of you do to eat tires like that? :unsure:[/b]

Well the one time I had the rears, The first trip out I had about an 8 hour practice session on a track that was almost black top. Needless to say they where about 75% worn. But with the 20 min's in a moto I think they could last a whole season.

But I could do the same 8 hours on a set of Kenda's and they would still have about 5 more session on them. The kenda's are a tough tire, but don't hook up as well as the MXR6's. I did just order a set of razr mx rear's so we will see how they hold up.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts