Suzuki LT-R450 Forum :: LTR450HQ.com banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:shocked:
I am having issues with my 06' LTR 450 when I get any over half throttle it bogs down and sort of pops (backfires i think). I have changed the spark plug to Iridium and also checked the fuel filter and it was fine. I would love for this issue to be resolved I have had a blast on this and am getting ready for some trails. I have a fuel pump on order because thats what I was told it may be. I am open to suggestions for this problem.

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
just had this issue turns out some dirt snuck past my inline filter and clogged my fuel pump filter. So i cleaned both fuel filters and the fuel injector as well as cleaned the fuel tank out and good as new. I did have a problem awhile back were the wheeler ran fine then it would act like it was running out of fuel. Well it ended up being an intermidete fuel pump problem replaced the pump and good as new.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for the advice I will have to check that filter out tomorrow morning and see if that may be the problem it would be nice just to be ableto ride hard again if you know what I mean but it is greatly appreciate:rock:d

·
Registered
192 Posts
I had the exact same issue and it was the fuel injector. Run it at night and see if the header is glowing red, that's what mine was doing...and cleaning an injector was only $25:beerchug:

·
Registered
35 Posts
If by cleaning the fuel injector or the filter, and changing the fuel pump you still have the same problem, verify your fuel regulator, located under the fuel tank.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am having a problem it seems to be getting hot pretty quick could that be the issue you had talked about with the fuel injector?

·
Registered
301 Posts
A few people have used seafoam with good results, the FPR may be gummed up, spray with carb cleaner and then blow it out with air try the easy stuff first! and check your fuel pressure it should be 42 psi. their is a ton of post here on this problem.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts