Suzuki LT-R450 Forum :: LTR450HQ.com banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I purchased a 07 ltr 450 from my cousin. he used to race, the bike is very clean and very well taken care of, but due to age and injury he stopped racing about 5 years ago and really only rode the bike once or twice a year for the past 5 years. From day one the bike was bogging down , after taking apart everything we found the tiny pick up filter at the bottom of fuel pump was clogged and had gunk probably from so much sitting. so all cleaned up back together and it runs very strong, motor sounds great but I been drag racing my friends 06 trx 450r and a 2019 raptor 700 and they are just walking from me from the start. specially 1st through 3rd. The bike has Yoshi programmer, hmf exhaust, sponge style air filter. the bike sounds great but it just feels like it should be faster? we are only racing about 100 to 150 yards. the raptor and 450r seem to be shifting into 4th or 5th by end of race and I am still in third laggin behind? does this sound right ? I am not sure how its supposed to run ? is this just as fast as it goes? since it has pcm and tuner I am not sure how to check and make sure everything is working correctly. any suggestions would be greatly appreciated thank you very much.
note- my cousin seems baffled, he said when he raced he would pull away from pretty much anything, he not blowing smoke I remember this bike was rediculus. but now it just seems blah, idk hopefully I can figure it out

·
Registered
44 Posts
Put a 13 tooth sprocket up front may help with your starts. I always smoked trxs and 700s in drag races. My setup is cherrybomb, intake, two bros full exhaust,
& 13 tooth sprocket

1 - 2 of 2 Posts