Suzuki LT-R450 Forum :: LTR450HQ.com banner

Intake Kits

3K views 25 replies 14 participants last post by  JSmall 
#1 ·
Looking to get an intake kit, K/N style.Dont know what one to buy,ProDesign-Trinity-Velocity?Just bought HMF full exhaust with Dobeck Controller,have c/b already.Just wanted to here your opinions if you own one of these.I ride mostly dunes and desert ,live in Las Vegas NV.Thanks for your opinions this site kicks ass.

#4 ·
Looking to get an intake kit, K/N style.Dont know what one to buy,ProDesign-Trinity-Velocity?Just bought HMF full exhaust with Dobeck Controller,have c/b already.Just wanted to here your opinions if you own one of these.I ride mostly dunes and desert ,live in Las Vegas NV.Thanks for your opinions this site kicks ass.
[/b]
I just got a velocity but my bikes torn down to the frame at the moment. Will let you know how it does in two weeks were going to St.A's duning, that should be the true test.

#6 ·
Unfortunately, we as a group are banning the trinity stuff from now on. Due to thier poor customer service, they have left several of out members hanging from a yard arm. Even though I got my kit from them, had I known the stories some of these fellows have I would DEFFINETLY not gone with thiers. I have no experience with the velocity kit so I have no vote there. That leaves the good ol proflow

#7 ·
Unfortunately, we as a group are banning the trinity stuff from now on. Due to thier poor customer service, they have left several of out members hanging from a yard arm. Even though I got my kit from them, had I known the stories some of these fellows have I would DEFFINETLY not gone with thiers. I have no experience with the velocity kit so I have no vote there. That leaves the good ol proflow
[/b]

Who is "we"? This group?

#8 ·
I didnt know" we as a group" were banning Trinity?

#9 ·
IMO The trinity intake comes with the best billet mounting peice which creates better sealing. I wouldn't put either of the other two on my ltr just cause of that. Trinity isn't going to screw up your order(It's just an intake). Just don't let them do anything else!!

#10 ·
I have the Velocity kit on my bike and worked great... It came with and gasket to seal between the adapter and the airbox, and the parts were good quality too... The instructions weren't detailed very well but it is a very easy install if you know much about these things... I haven't seen a write up on this install yet... Let me know if anyone would like one written... And let me know if anyone would like pics...

#15 ·
I have to agree...the Trinity is the best set-up out there...and yes they would be hard pressed to screw up a intake...as for anything else you purchase from them?...well...I was lucky but I seem to be in the minority...I hate hearing stories like that... :(

#16 ·
Is there any evidence that Trinity is the best performing intake kit? Has anybody dynoed or performed a seat of the pants comparison of the intake kits?

Velocity and Pro Design come with better, higher flowing filters than Trinity and mod quad, which is important since the r450 box is so small and restrictive. All three brands have a tapered intake with a rubber seal, so I don't think Trinity will keep out the dust better.

I agree that the Trinity looks the coolest and has the smoothest looking taper, but I haven't seem any proof that it will out perform Velocity or Pro Design. Frankly, I think that Velocity and Pro Design might flow more air due to the better filter, but that is just a pure guess (which is what I presume most of us are doing).

#17 ·
Since we are talking INTAKES and not filters? I would still have to agree that the Trinity is the best set-up. You are talking about the FILTER itself. Thats a whole different ballgame and debate. Trinity does NOT make that filter...it is made by K&N. And you do not have to run the K&N with that Trinity intake...you can go grab a foam or anything else for that matter.

As far as the flow of the intake? That intake boot is on the small side anyways? So about the best thing you can do is to increase the velocity as best you can...and since we all agree that the Trinity has the smoothest intake?

And yes that stock air box is on the small side like you pointed out so since you can run it "Stand Alone" without the stock intake?...are pretty good points in it's favor.

As far as dyno time? Hell your close...if ya got one of them others? Lets make a day and run up to DASA on a Saturday and we'll throw them on the dyno...probably find out there's not a gnats ass in HP difference but it will be a cool thing to do...

If your game let me know... :D

#18 ·
Junkie, I agree that Trinity's intake looks the best and it might perform the best. I mention "kit" because that is how most of us will purchase them - as kits. Thus, the filter is also important.

I'm not far from DASA. I'll meet you there today. I'll take off my whole air box w/ Pro Design and Extreme K&N and let you dyno it on your r450 to compare to your trinity kit. I have a cut/trimmed air box. Or I could let DASA dyno my quad to dial in the new FI kit.

Great, this will be another expensive day after I start thinking about dyno, ports and cams again :lol:

I'm getting ready to add some slotted rotors to the car, so PM or call me on the cell 714-742-0965 before I get too involved.

Later,
Brian

#19 ·
Is there any evidence that Trinity is the best performing intake kit? Has anybody dynoed or performed a seat of the pants comparison of the intake kits?

Velocity and Pro Design come with better, higher flowing filters than Trinity and mod quad, which is important since the r450 box is so small and restrictive. All three brands have a tapered intake with a rubber seal, so I don't think Trinity will keep out the dust better.
I agree that the Trinity looks the coolest and has the smoothest looking taper, but I haven't seem any proof that it will out perform Velocity or Pro Design. Frankly, I think that Velocity and Pro Design might flow more air due to the better filter, but that is just a pure guess (which is what I presume most of us are doing).
[/b]
THe reason the trinity is better and will seal better is because the billet peice doesn't seal to the air box with an o-ring like the others do. On the other systems your intake tube connects to the air box and the trinity connects directly to the one-peice billet adapter.

See the trinity is all one-peice. No need to seal it to the airbox like the other kits

#20 ·
Junkie, I agree that Trinity's intake looks the best and it might perform the best. I mention "kit" because that is how most of us will purchase them - as kits. Thus, the filter is also important.

I'm not far from DASA. I'll meet you there today. I'll take off my whole air box w/ Pro Design and Extreme K&N and let you dyno it on your r450 to compare to your trinity kit. I have a cut/trimmed air box. Or I could let DASA dyno my quad to dial in the new FI kit.

Great, this will be another expensive day after I start thinking about dyno, ports and cams again :lol:

I'm getting ready to add some slotted rotors to the car, so PM or call me on the cell 714-742-0965 before I get too involved.

Later,
Brian
[/b]
Brian...sorry I ran out of here before I saw your post...Just got back from DASA because I had to get my pipe to put together for the "Sand Junkie" edition of the DASA pipe....but yea lets try to get together here pretty soon...I'll try to set something up for the weekend of the 23rd? I believe that Fuel is taking his bike down there on that date so maybe we can get in on that...I'll check it out and get back to you...or you could get with us at the Super Sand Show? I'll be down there hanging with Dan...we got a camping spot so should be fun...let me know...

#21 ·
If you don't want to tear your airbox off to put the Trinity on. I'm sure putting a little vacuum grease on both sides of the gasket would help form a gas tight seal against the airbox. I'm from the northwest so I need to keep my airbox, but if I was Junkie in SoCal, I would take it off and run the Trinity. I heard they tell stories down there to the younger generations of the water that fell from the sky. Just in case it ever rains down there so people would't freak out. It's just like the story of the blue sky that is beyond the fog that the tell in San Fransico, lol.

#22 ·
We also have what we call "Sand"...often substituted for the word "Fun"...

I hear you have what they call "Trees"...often substituted for the words "Hospital stay, broken bones, subluxation" and various other pains and maladies... :lol:

#23 ·
We also have what we call "Sand"...often substituted for the word "Fun"...

I hear you have what they call "Trees"...often substituted for the words "Hospital stay, broken bones, subluxation" and various other pains and maladies... :lol:
[/b]
Well ya but trees also = shade + water. Sand = 130 degrees + 15 flights for life because some dude on a sand rail was doing 160 and smacked a quad.

#24 ·
Again this is about airfilter intake kits and poeples opinions on them. I'm not sure which one to get so I ask. Not what +what = then you get.

#26 ·
For me it was between the Trinity and the FCI. After reading about Trinity I'm positive I will be going with the FCI. I had the FCI on my YFZ and it ripped so I will wait for about a month until the FCI is released.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.