1,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cherry bomb Install - By ZUKRACER17

Cherry Bomb Installation
---------------------- "Install time= 5 minutes"
Tools Needed:
1. 1 or 2 zip ties
2. Hands :)

Perform all these installs at your own risk. Know how to use all of your shop equipment and take necessary safety precautions when performing ANY modifications and or maintenance items to your ATV. Seek the advice of a paid professional and do not substitute this publication for the advice of a paid professional. This product is how we accomplished our installs and is not meant to be carved in stone. We are not responsible for a mistake, misprint, or any other error found in this guide. This guide is intended as a supplement and not to be your only source of information.

Step 1: LOCATE THE PLUG WHICH HAS A BLACK RUBBER COVER OVER IT . THE PLUG IS RIGHT UNDER THE PLASTIC BESIDE THE RIGHT FRONT SHOCK.

Step 2: REMOVE THE BLACK COVER, IT JUST SLIDES OFF.

Step 3: TAKE YOUR NEW CHERRY BOMB CHIP AND SIMPLY PLUG IT IN AS PICTURED.

Step 4: THEN YOU TAKE A ZIP TIE, AND STRAP THE CHERRY BOMB TO THE FRAME. YOSHIMURA SAYS YOU ONLY NEED TO USE ONE ZIP BUT WE USED 2 JUST IN CASE.
AND THEN THATS IT!!

Thanks to "ZUKRACER17" for submitting this write-up.

The Yoshimura cherry bomb works best (and is intended for) use with your baffle removed and air box lid removed. Sign up for our message board and contact one of our sponsors to get a great deal on this little yet effective mod.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Very well done. I recommend some dielectric grease just to make sure the connection is fully sealed regardless. :D

·
Registered
264 Posts
Very well done. I recommend some dielectric grease just to make sure the connection is fully sealed regardless. :D
[/b]

and is the same for the hmf map key. . . . . . . I have one on the way and was hoping that i can do the same with taking the lid off and baffle out. t

·
Registered
30 Posts
I am not seeong the pics. just the squares were they belong..I just got mine a few weeks ago and dont want to jerk something up in the process.I have the basic idea of were it belongs but a picture is worth a thousand words lol...

·
Registered
5,546 Posts
The pics aren't hosted anymore. You can do it, very simple.

·
Registered
9,611 Posts
simply remove it with an allen wrench. Its been a while but I believe its 3 screws then you just slide it out. then put the end cap back on.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I plugged mine in where it's supposed to go. But the quad won't start with it on.

But when I unplug the crbm, and plug the harness back on to the other harness it starts.

I have the yosh pim in there right now. Will that cause the no start problem?

·
Super Moderator
31,830 Posts
On the left shock there is also an identical square.am I then in the right place?
Every CRBM plug I've seen is much closer to the right upper shock mount. There should only be one plug that the CRBM will plug into.

·
Registered
43 Posts
This thread was very helpful since my crbm didn't come with instructions, but now I'm having the same problem jdpkruger is with the plug being near the left side shock.
On the left shock there is also an identical square.am I then in the right place?
Every CRBM plug I've seen is much closer to the right upper shock mount. There should only be one plug that the CRBM will plug into.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts