Suzuki LT-R450 Forum :: LTR450HQ.com banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a 2008 ltr450, pretty much stock just a uni and a cherry. I noticed that hen my bike gets hot the fan kicks on, but if I shut the switch off the fan turns off. My friends both Have 2006s and and if there's is hot and they turn the switch on the fan kicks on to cool it off. Any answers on why that may be?thanx for the help I appreciate it!

·
Registered
559 Posts
If you are using the key to turn it of, then yes it will shut everything down . Just use the switch on the handle bars it should stay on until it cools down some . Don't forget to turn your key off its its going to be more than a couple of minutes, as it will drain your battery.

·
Registered
9,611 Posts
If I shut the quad down with the fan off I always turn the key back on to let the fan run till it stops, then I'll shut the key off.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yea ive tried all of that, no matter what the fan doesnt stay on unless my 450 is actually running. ive tried everything, and it wont work. i have to take my bike in for maintenance should i mention it to them so that they can see whats goin on?

·
Registered
9,611 Posts
Ya I would. At least for piece of mind. Sounds like the relay isn't wired right. Do you have a service manual? Should'nt be hard to figure out if you had the manual

·
Premium Member
1,664 Posts
On the 06/07 models, the fan will stay on with the key in the on position. On the 08 models the fan will no run without the quad running.

Mike

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ok cool thanx mike thats what i thought was the deal but i just wanted to make sure.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts