Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Bump

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I appreciate it. I'm gonna need quite a few bumps it looks like!

·
frescasipper
801 Posts
My guess is your plunger is corroded or no good, i had a high idle issue before and my high idle cable/plunger was stuck open a little making that weird air sucking sound. What i want you to do it take out the plunger out if you can, clean it up a little and re-install it or do the mod where you get rid of the cable and mod the stock plunger housing to push in the "choke" or buy the yoshi B/O nut and install it. My plunger actually got stuck in and i couldn't get it out so i bought a whole used throttle body and installed it with the B/O nut and it worked great, just make sure you correctly calibrate or by trial an error set the TPS. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Okay so I had a buddy of mine come check it out and it is not the plunger. We tore the quad back down and looked at it again. It worked fine until it got up to temp and started to act up again. What else could it be? I am thinking about just buying the TPS, IAP, and the Temp sensor and throwing it at it. Only problem is those sensors are 140$ a piece.any help?

·
Premium Member
28,672 Posts
I cant really tell much because it looks like you move the Idle up / choke lever wile it is changing idle.

check fuel pressure wile it is doing it and under a load.

I know when it is lean it will idle up on it's own then drop at times. check air leak TPS settings or see if it dose it any differently with the air filter off or the stock one on.

·
Registered
1 Posts
i know it sounds weird but me it was my ring pin that broke and scratched my cylinder.. but i bet you dont have oil in your airbox right ? cuz mine idled like that, when you gave it a shot of gas it idle quicker and then dropped. hope this helps...

·
Registered
183 Posts
First off put a choke block off on you dont need it. 2nd I would say it is on of 2 things your TPS or a dirty INJ. Chris called me this week with close to the same problem and it was a clogged INJ.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Okay this is the second time I will be typing my response...

Shadey, it does look like I'm adjusting the idle a bit but its really doing it on its own. I was thinking TPS too but one day it ran fine until it got up to temp. So I decided to get a IAT sensor (and the fact that sensor is $100 less than the TPS). If this doesn't work I will buy the fuel pressure gauge as well as a TPS.

Simbler, I hope it is not my cylinder... That will be a last ditch effort, tearing apart my engine. And no I do not have any oil in my airbox. Thanks for the post and I will keep my fingers crossed!

ATV innovations, I have removed and cleaned my injector thoroughly so I am leaning to the TPS. As for the "wannabe choke" I kinda like the darn thing... I like having it to warm my bike up faster. If the cable breaks or it causes any issues the choke block will be the first thing I buy.

Thanks again for the posts guy's! I will keep you all in the loop once I get some parts in...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts