Suzuki LT-R450 Forum :: LTR450HQ.com banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
28,672 Posts
Injector will not make the fuel pressure drop when it is running.

·
Premium Member
28,672 Posts
You have a fuel pressure problem. Could be a restriction, regulator or pump. You said the pump only dead headed about 40psi? my guess would be the pump.

·
Super Moderator
31,830 Posts
You have a fuel pressure problem. Could be a restriction, regulator or pump. You said the pump only dead headed about 40psi? my guess would be the pump.
what do you mean by restriction?
A restriction of fuel getting to the pump. (i.e. fuel filter or screen in fuel pump, closed off petcock, etc.)If the pump doesn't have the proper supply of fuel to it, It can't create the flow it need to provide the pressure required.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
A restriction of fuel getting to the pump. (i.e. fuel filter or screen in fuel pump, closed off petcock, etc.)If the pump doesn't have the proper supply of fuel to it, It can't create the flow it need to provide the pressure required.
welp I changed the fuel pump, fuel regulator, fuel filter and the same stuff I’m completely baffled lol. I have no clue now

·
Super Moderator
31,830 Posts
welp I changed the fuel pump, fuel regulator, fuel filter and the same stuff I’m completely baffled lol. I have no clue now
You put all those new parts on and still only have 40 psi when deadheaded?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
dead headed meaning just testing the fuel pump? And no I haven’t checked the psi yet it’s still missing at high revs is what I was meaning to say

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
dead headed meaning just testing the fuel pump? And no I haven’t checked the psi yet it’s still missing at high revs is what I was meaning to say
tested it and it was worse than the other pump

·
Premium Member
28,672 Posts
That will do it, the FI light should of been flashing.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts