Suzuki LT-R450 Forum :: LTR450HQ.com banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hear how great hybrids are, and how much better than keeping in the production engine, so if they're so great, how come I never hear or see any? Is it as simple as that building one is a pain in the ass, or that there isn't much difference from a production bike? Please enlighten me someone.
I'm not just talking LTR hybrids, just 4 stroke 450 hybrids in general

thanks guys

·
Registered
940 Posts
only hybrid iv ridden was a walsh hybrid ltr/crf450. is it worth all the effort to build id say yes, its super light and handles like no other. what ever you want it to do it will. also the power is awesome. going from a fully built top of the line ltr to a walsh hybrid is insane. you wont wanna ride the ltr again.

·
frescasipper
801 Posts
Who wouldn't want one? It just takes time to build.

·
Registered
166 Posts
It all comes down to time, money, and skill. If it was easy, everybody would do it.

I put the 690 in my Outlaw because I wanted more power. I would have sunk more than I spent on the complete 690 engine just building the stock RFS to be at the level that the 690 is at stock. I kept a bunch of money in my pocket and my reliability is still in tact.

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
i wouldnt want one, ive raced 2 built trx/crf hydrids (bb,ported, ect) and a handful of stripped down built trx 450 and my ltr with most of the stock heavy suspension parts still throws sand in there faces.

·
Premium Member
2,810 Posts
I'd take the newest Walsh crf hybrid in a heart beat if i had the money.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I have a Brand New Walsh EFI CRF 517. 6mm stroke crank from crankworks, custom Carillo Long Rod, Spacer Plate,and Custom Piston. Ron Hamp Built complete engine. Only 0.7hrs on complete bike. Best Parts available were used. It is so much faster than the LTR that Jeremy Lawson raced in 2010 that I bought. From a dead start through 3rd gear Hybrid had 6 bike lengths on the full built LTR. The Hybrid is Insanely fast.. I have over 25K in it though. But I am selling it if anyone is interested. Here are a few pics before engine went in.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Raptor 700 motor in a YFZR is the only hybrid I would do.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts