Suzuki LT-R450 Forum :: LTR450HQ.com banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Searched and couldn't find much info. I bought a rotor that didn't have the cutouts to go over the hub so I need to remove the rotor hub to get to the other side near the caliper mount. I tried PB Blaster and a torch but no avail. Is there some kind of locking washer or something between the hub and the axle?

I ended up losing patience and tried to remove the entire axle but after getting the two locking nuts loose I couldn't get the nut thread off the axle.

Attachments

·
Registered
47 Posts
Could you post a pic from the big axle nut near the sprocket?
You have to loosen the big nut and take out the c clip from the axle.After that push the axle a little from the left to the right.Now you can pray out the c Clip on the disc side and slide the disc hub from the axle.Thats it.

·
Super Moderator
31,830 Posts
Yes there is a lock ring (you can see it in your pictures) you will need to remove (or at least loosen) the axle in the carrier to move the hub to the left in your pics to expose the lock ring. But it would be just easier to remove the axle and put the rotor on without removing the hub.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes there is a lock ring (you can see it in your pictures) you will need to remove (or at least loosen) the axle in the carrier to move the hub to the left in your pics to expose the lock ring. But it would be just easier to remove the axle and put the rotor on without removing the hub.
That definitely did the trick. I was having a heck of a time with this lol. Thanks for your guys help.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.