Suzuki LT-R450 Forum :: LTR450HQ.com banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello guys..i just purchased a 07 ltr . im wonderin if someone can explain why it would be idling high..the idle screw is turned all the way in, if you back it out a little then it idles even higher..any ideas ? thanks in advance

·
Registered
4,788 Posts
Does the bike still have the choke lever (idle advance) on the handle bars?

·
Registered
4,788 Posts
Is it in the on position?

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
x2. i bet it's the plunger

·
Registered
9,611 Posts
its the plunger at the end of the cable from the high idle lever (idle advance) on your handlebars. It goes into the throttle body. Follow the cable from the handlebars to the throttle body (fuel pump side) and you will see it. Do a search here to find many different ways to BLOCK it off. Or, get the Yoshi one.

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
just unscrew the cable and take the plunger out...if problem still exists....continue your search for an air/vacume leak/pinch

·
Registered
396 Posts
i had the same problem i got the yosh plug i ut it on with out taking my quad a part it's located on the left side of your injector pull the cable out then take needle off the end of your cable clean all of the mud out of everthing then put the needle in then the yosh plug in

·
Registered
2 Posts
The plunger may be stuck in the open position., Or you may have an air leak.
Does anyone know where I can get the plunger and spring to put back in with a screw cap? I recently got my quad back from being stolen in 2008 I finally got to the point of starting it and it starts but the idle is high, there is nothing in that hole, any help would be appreciated

1 - 14 of 14 Posts