Suzuki LT-R450 Forum :: LTR450HQ.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
I bought an 06 LTR. Love it. It was a fixer. Anyhow, I got it back together and it's not running right. You can only ease throttle into it. Any hard accel and it falls on its face. On the stand, no problems. Just under load. I have full Dasa exhaust, open air box, 90 rec fuel, pro flo filter, cherry bomb. Bought it with a juice box (mode + -, style, not knobs) but ran like shit with it. Couldn't tune it for jack shit. Unpluged it. Ran fine on the stand. Took it for a ride. And it's just not right. Any help? Like.. Anyone have a map they use? Any help would be appreciated. Help me fix it before I trade it for a Kawi! 馃ぃ馃ぃ馃ぃ馃馃馃

Registered
Does it still have the stock swirl filter under the tank? If so start there. Also check the filter in the fuel pump and screen in the injector. Wouldn鈥檛 hurt to back flush the injector to clean it also

Registered
Hi there, I am also a new owner of the LTR 450. Mine is also 06, so I will be watching this thread just in case I get into the same situation. Please post up how you fix this.

Registered
Check and replace the output o-ring seals in the top of the fuel pump. I've had this issue on a couple of my bikes, and after replacing pretty much my entire fuel system, still had the same issues. It wasn't until I thought to replace those o-rings that the fuel system was able to build and hold the proper pressure necessary to operate correctly under WOT/full load.

EDIT: Also make sure the TPS is within the specified .58-.62 volts at the yellow/brown wire; like the above poster says....that can also cause throttle/WOT problems, so I'd start there...if that doesn't do it, check those seals. Good luck!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts