Suzuki LT-R450 Forum :: LTR450HQ.com banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My son has a 2006 Suzuki 450LTR. I bought it about a year ago. I have taken him on 3 trips since I bought it with no issues. This past weekend, we went to Hollister (local) Hills for a short trip. The ATV started fine and he rode with me all day with no issues. Towards the end of the day He forgot to pay attention to the low gas (yellow) light and ran it out of gas going down hill. I helped him push it to level ground and it started fine. He made it back to camp and filled it full of gas. The next day it would not start. We push started it and it started fine. When it gets warm, it will start without a push start. Battery is charged 100%. I decided to help him replace the plug with a new one. Inspection of the old plug: Normal wear with no signs of excessive buildup, etc. With new plug, still will not start except when push started. Again, it will start if the engine is warm.
Help !

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just finished performing the valve clearance check procedure. I am at 0.004 (Intake) and 0.008 (Exhaust), which is in spec. I have also cleaned the swirl filter. I am going to put everything together except for the plastics, but is there any other suggestions ? Technically the only thing I did is clean the swirl filter and it wasn't that dirty.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I pulled the fuel line from the fuel pump. When I turn on the key, fuel comes out in large amounts. This coupled with the motor runs fine after bump starting the ATV. Does this mean I still might have a fuel pressure issue ????

·
Registered
2 Posts
I pulled the fuel line from the fuel pump. When I turn on the key, fuel comes out in large amounts. This coupled with the motor runs fine after bump starting the ATV. Does this mean I still might have a fuel pressure issue ????
Did you ever get this figured out? I am having the same issue. (Yes I know this is a old ass post)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts