Suzuki LT-R450 Forum :: LTR450HQ.com banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody using any helmet cams?

I have been considering a helmet cam for sometime now. I would rather not have wires running down to a cumbersome recorder strapped to my back. I have been trying to wait patiently for an all-in-one type unit. They only one I have seen is the ATC-1000. It's only $100 -- The resolution seems.... decent. No audio. Has 32mb -- can upgrade to a gig, I think.

If any of you guys are using one --- let me know pros and cons of your unit.

Thanks

· Registered
818 Posts
I been looking into Helmet cams as well...I also looked into the Cam that goes on the Strap of your goggles. I liked that one becasue i can use it when im instructing a class here on base. always wanted to make a video of my Killing off the students one by one with a cool ass song in the background hahaahahah.......there around $250 give or take and there MIC'd up.....

· Registered
2 Posts
I personally use a Viosport " cumbersome wires going to recorder on my back". Good quality for the most part. Real pain in the arse to get set-up with the Sony DCR HC42 recorder. Cables don't have 90deg. plugs so instead of mounting flush to the side of the recorder, they stick out about an inch and a half. This demands that I tape them in place & pack foam around them to protect against breaking them off in the camera. I wont even go into Sony's lame mode select switch that locks in the off position, yet freely changes modes at the slightest tap. :angry:I have to tape it too.
I think with a differant recorder it wouldn't be to bad.

All that said. My buddy has a little "Tony Hawks" Helm. cam that records directly to a flash memory card. It has somewhat poor audio and fair to good video. Set -up is basicly aim it (cool little lazer dot aiming) and turn it on. I think he paid less than $90 bucks though, so it kicks arse for the money! Draw back being you have to wait till you get to a card reader to reveiw what you shot. <_<

Happy hunting!

· Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have seen the Tony Hawk cam -- I am hoping that they will develop a more Hi-Tech version -- with a larger memory card and greater resolution. The ATC1000 is similar.... but I don't think it has audio.

OKC ---- What cam are you refering to for $250? Is it a stand alone? or typical "cam" that must be wired to a recorder?

· Premium Member
20,716 Posts
Yea..I wanna know that also...tried runnig a search for $250 video cams...whoa....TMI :lol:

· Registered
2,630 Posts
Have been directed towards the Jones Cam many times, but haven't ever done the research it would take to buy really

· Premium Member
20,716 Posts
Just e-mailed them...should be interesting... :D

· Registered
6,322 Posts
my quote from the other "cam" post,,,

Dont' get one!!!!! Trust me they're bad luck. I've ended up taking huge soil samples every time I've had one on. Also for some reason when I had it on it was like I knew it was there and payed more attention to where I was looking then where I was going. Like I was worried about messing up the footage. Just a mental thing but it always got to me.[/b]

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.