Suzuki LT-R450 Forum :: LTR450HQ.com banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You know you can get half twist and quarter turn twist throttles? I was thinking, is there a thumb/push throttle that you only have to push half the distance to usual, in order to make it flat out? If not, do you reckon you could make one? what do we all think?

Cheers guys

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
Change the cam profile in the thumb box and that should do it. Would guess some epoxy then shome shaping. On a side note, quarter turn twist is the way to go.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Change the cam profile in the thumb box and that should do it. Would guess some epoxy then shome shaping. On a side note, quarter turn twist is the way to go.
Cheers buddy, I 'll give it a go,
and for the record, I had a half twist before, almost killed myself, haha

·
Registered
2,790 Posts
let me know how this works out I am interested!

·
Registered
2,790 Posts
well really your changing the ramp in the thumb throttle the butterfly in the throttle body is still moving the same amount and that's what the tps reads

·
Registered
2,790 Posts
any updates on this?

·
frescasipper
801 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,309 Posts
my buddies honda has almost like a half push throttle. but idk how he does it. but its amazing cuz its on and off

·
Registered
2,790 Posts
well if there is anyone that wants to donate a throttle for this experiment I will do a write up on it if it works. I have access to a machine shop at work if I need it also.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts