Suzuki LT-R450 Forum :: LTR450HQ.com banner

Gunner Kill Switch Problems

6785 Views 32 Replies 9 Participants Last post by  MXQuadRacer
Well, i just installed my gunner killswitch. Its the NC like everyone else. I installed it just like then said grounded it and now it wont start very good, it will turn over and over, and the low few and temp light start coming on. Turn the key off, and try again, sometime it works sometimes it doesnt, but when it does it fires right up...

Any suggestions?
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 33 Posts
Sorry...I can't find anything in the service manual that will help you...think I might just pull that thing off and see if the problem persists...at least you will know for sure if it's the kill switch or not... :(
Wait a sec...if there was still current flowing through the resistor...that would only be off one side of the switch...sooo...could it be that he has the wires reversed?...the resistor wire should be dedicated to only one side of the switch...so if you switched the wires that cut into the orange power wire then when you killed power you would in effect create a dead short...

Make sense?
I went to school for electrical...if you can believe that...but without some kind of schematic?..it's like swatting at a pinata blindfolded... :(
I dunno but to me it seems the culprit is the ground wire...I'm still totally confuzzled as to why a NC switch would need a ground...it's obvious that when you open the circuit the bike should shut off...if you wanted to ground the thing out then you would have bought a NO...

Hey...is it possible that this switch goes both ways?...kinda like a 1 size fits all set-up?

shot in the dark... :bangbang:
:blink:
1 - 5 of 33 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.