Suzuki LT-R450 Forum :: LTR450HQ.com banner

Gpr

824 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  SandJunkie 
#1 ·
I was getting fuel yesterday at the Flying J in LaGrande, OR when the GPR Straight truck pulled in. I went over to say hi and they were very nice and gave me a little tour and demo. The one thing I never knew is that most of the off road setups only work when the bars are pointing straight but loosen up when you turn. They said I would have to order it so that it would work from side to side. I thought that set up would make you over steer. Anyways the one thing I like about the GPR is that it is adjustable, but then as I was driving away I was thinking about how it mounts up. Since it is a top mount its going to move your bars up about an inch or so, and I already have trailtech clamp and X bars. My cables are tight enought already. I would have considered one but I think it will be easier to mount a stablizer that mounts in the low position.

#2 ·
The Precision works from side to side and is adjustable also. The GPR can be adjusted while ridding.....not sure you would ever need to. I mean once you get it dailed in you should not need to change it. I personally dont like the way the GPR mounts ...... those clamps and bracket are UGLY. Hey by the way GPR is in San Diego? They musthave a couple of locations?

FUELATV

#3 ·
They were an older couple that were following the big races in an Internationl truck that was part RV and the back had their demo stuff and a Kart for driving around at the races. I think they were heading to something in Utah. But they said the were from southern California. They told me to call their son Randy, about a GPR for the LT-R. So I think they only have the one factory down there. I like the GPR looks, but I liked the way they looked on sportbikes too. I didn't know the Precision was adjustable, I could've sworn they said it wasn't. They lied to me, dang you can't trust old people anymore :(

#4 ·
Were you wearing your "I been took" shirt per chance? :p

If not...you can borrow mine for the next trip :lol:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.