Suzuki LT-R450 Forum :: LTR450HQ.com banner

got my yosh pipe today

5K views 37 replies 15 participants last post by  AL Elks 
#1 ·
im impressed

See less See more
#3 ·
craftsmanship is top notch and the pipes are alot larger than stock.it comes with a sparkarrestor that isnt much better than the stocker.took it out to open it up.i took the stock core out and airbox lid off for the first time today.threw the cherry bomb on and took off.was like wow it is pretty fast.came home and put the yoshi on thinking it would gain a little.WRONG!!!it gained alot.way more topend and a little bottom and a decent mid increase.money very well spent.it is every bit as fasty as my stroker dale was no joke!it is way lean though.

#5 ·
That can is HUGE! Have any pictures of the way the machine sits as of now?

#6 ·
instalation was a snap everything lined up perfectly.ill get some installed pics tomorrow my battery died.here is the stock(right)and yosh sparkarrestors

#7 ·

#8 ·

#9 ·
only problem i sen andi doubt yosh is aware of it is to rmove the sparkarrestor you need to remove a small allen bolt.well they leave you no access to get to it so i had to drill a hole in the chrome peice on the back.i will post a pic tomorrow.it looks super trick from behind man.

#10 ·
and no m not very good at typing lmao

#12 ·
Yoshi looks sick maybe i'll give them a call tomorrow would like to see some pics of the titanium pipe first thought

#13 ·
orderd mine last friday they were supposed to blue label somehow they FORGOT :evil: to ship so to compensate they are going to overnite :D CAN'T WAIT !!! 8)

#14 ·
i didnt do a plug check and it wasnt cutting out but was full throttle down the road(at night)looked down and the header was cherry red.sounded good ran good ust a little scary.it was red clear back behind the heat sheild (wich you reuse the stocker).im gonna order the mapping tools today i think.gonna check the plug as well.im also gonna try it with the sparkarrestor in and see what happens

#15 ·
I ordered the pipe you got there and the EMS to go with it. They said it could be almost a month before they will have an EMS to send me. :jerkoff: The guy I talked to told me the cherrybomb wouldn't work with the full system, they should be letting all their customers know this.

#16 ·
you might even just try a heat range colder plug. Or maybe close the gap a little on the stock one. The draw back to that though is you must let the plug come up to temp before racing on it...... Do you have a laser temp gun? If so, can you take a temp reading right after a full throttle run?

Plug temp is what I'm looking for. When it warms up, I'll baseline mine with no pea-shooter, no lid, and cherry bomb installed. Since its going to be sooooo cold this weekend, I might go ahead and see if the ECU can be chipped. Or if its just a flash setup directly from a cable.

#17 ·
let me make some calls see if i can find someone with a temp gun.

#18 ·
also in the manual i got with the pipe they say for max performance use the cheryy bomb.it a note on the same page as the contents of the full system.does not say anything about removing the spark arrrestor though.i think it will be ok with it installed im gonna try that too temporarily till i got the mapping equipment

#20 ·
i ran it with the aparky in for a few runs up and down the street.it definetly chokes it up again but nothing like the stocker.the stocker with the core removed runs alot better though.all runs were with the bomb installed.im dying till my ems stuff comes in the gutted yosh pipe is soooo much faster.it also did not run lean with the sparky installed

#22 ·
retail is 525 i believe

#23 ·
got a few pics though theyare a little dark(the sun doesnt shine in ohio till june it seems lol)

#25 ·
one question on the header can you tell if the bend is tighter or not as tight as the stock header, just wondering ordered mine yesterday after i saw your pics

#26 ·
ill compare them later when i go out.didnt pay much attaention in that area.i dont think it is a whole lot different as you still use the stock heat shield but ill see what i can find.how long did they tell you till yours is done?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.