Suzuki LT-R450 Forum :: LTR450HQ.com banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

1,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is what mine looks like for now...........

YES the bike does get rode.

My "ESR like" centermount(250R Baby!) filter set up(just fitting up)..

Oh, the Duramax was smiling so I took it's picture too.....

· Registered
174 Posts

Damn that looks good. Did you polish all that or did someone else.

1,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
and what did you polish it with??? That looks 100% better than stock. I would have made the clutch cover chrome too, but thats just my opinion. still looks awesome though!
[/b]
A buddy owed me so I had him polish the thumber, clutch cover, oil filter cover, water pump, brake lever, shifter, starter cover, inspection plug and heat shield. Then I had the cam cover, stator cover and quick change clutch cover pced black(they are all magnesium). Magnesium polishes up good, but it won't hold a shine very long... it will start turning black. That's why I've had everything all apart playing show and tell lately.

· Registered
2,648 Posts
Man that looks cool, Does anybody know how much that would cost? Cause i might do that.

1,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Man that looks cool, Does anybody know how much that would cost? Cause i might do that.
[/b]
I'd have to check with him to be for sure.... depending on the bike and how much you wanted done, I'm guessing around $150 just to give you an idea

I wanted the left side stator cover done too, but it would have been a waste beings it is magnesium

· Registered
51 Posts
Survey says........water spots don't count. That bike is WAY too clean. But it looks very nice, I love the polished covers.

1,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Could you tell a seat of the pants gain with the airbox removed?
[/b]
Yeah! My seat and pants were getting sucked downward! :D

Seriously, it makes for a lot snappier power all over and it keeps pulling in the upper r's better when the airbox would shut the power off before. Wish I could get a bigger filter in there, but that's about it with the loose outerwear on.

· Premium Member
542 Posts
An extremely clean look .....very nice quad! Props to the polishing guy polishing can be hard work and time consuming!

1,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks, it looks better on there than in my garage. Your going to need a lot more polished things than that to shine like my R.
[/b]
^^ This is the polisher guy himself.

Yeah, I know mine is far from yours, but mine isn't a trailer queen either :D

This is his R... it has way more polished now, but this is the latest pic I could dig up(take the hint and get more pics nick)

My old kfx in the background(it would smoke that R right there :D )

· Registered
2 Posts
Yeah, I know mine is far from yours, but mine isn't a trailer queen either :D

This is his R... it has way more polished now, but this is the latest pic I could dig up(take the hint and get more pics nick)[/b]
I only get pics up when Im not making it look better, I wouldnt have this fully polished ESR TRX5 if I would have been taking pictures. Boy that LRD will look good on your trailer queen.

My old kfx in the background(it would smoke that R right there :D ) [/b]
Yeah once then it went back on the trailer.

These guys dont want to see a real quad like this anyway, just LTR's with nice shiny parts. Speaking of that I see a few more parts that need some shine, this round is on you.

· Premium Member
542 Posts
VERY SWEET "R" Not all of us on here are LTR only guys! lol I will always love those "R" s!!!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.