Suzuki LT-R450 Forum :: LTR450HQ.com banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed there is a large Glamis trip planned in Dec. You guys may want to get familiar with the area, and here are a number of different ISDRA aka Glamis maps.

Note:
Make sure you know where the closure areas are....more than 50% of the entire ISDRA is closed due to various legislation...but, don't worry. There are still TONS of sand and miles of dunes to cruise even with the closures...

Attachments

·
Premium Member
28,672 Posts
How do I input these maps in to my PIM,

J/P :p BRO

Good maps and should be printed out for all the new comers with maps to the local ER,,

GET THE HINT HINK!! :mafia:

·
Registered
48,595 Posts
How do I input these maps in to my PIM,

J/P :p BRO

Good maps and should be printed out for all the new comers with maps to the local ER,,

GET THE HINT HINK!! :mafia:[/b]
I got a hand held GPS I'm borrowing also. I just need to play with it to figure it out... Probably tonight.

·
Super Moderator
21,399 Posts
Thanks for the maps, I'll have to study those. ;)

·
Registered
48,595 Posts
Whats up with the Military bombing zones? This just from when they were testing years ago?

-Cleaned up for OKTRX :D

·
Premium Member
442 Posts
I noticed there is a large Glamis trip planned in Dec. You guys may want to get familiar with the area, and here are a number of different ISDRA aka Glamis maps.

Note:
Make sure you know where the closure areas are....more than 50% of the entire ISDRA is closed due to various legislation...but, don't worry. There are still TONS of sand and miles of dunes to cruise even with the closures...[/b]
Thanks for the maps Vader. They look pretty accurate, but I will find out this weekend. I uploaded the coords in my GPS and will check and see how on point they are. If I come up with any different coords then what the maps say we will update them. I was thinking about taking some pics of the various places as well, that way everyone knows that they are actually at the spot the map says, just in time for the big 450HQ Glamis Trip!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Whats up with the Military bombing zones? This just from when they were testing years ago?[/b]
on halloween weekend we were camped next to the Canal and were woken up to some F/A-18's flying over in that area. didnt hear any explosions, but it looked kinda like they were dogfighting. It was kinda cool, cuz they were gettin close to us haulin ass

·
Registered
294 Posts
No by all means. Close off our riding area cause of the natural wildlife and bomb the hell out of it. We wont mind.

·
Premium Member
21,252 Posts
Maybe a dumb question, but do the dunes not shift a lot over time?
They shift as in the way the ridges line up...according to the way the wind blows...razored up one way on one trip and then razored up in the opposite direction on another trip...witch eyes will form based on the wind also...

But as far as the dunes moving?...not anything you will notice in a lifetime...about the only thing you will notice is hills wearing down after 20 years...

·
Registered
21,174 Posts
Maybe a dumb question, but do the dunes not shift a lot over time?
They shift as in the way the ridges line up...according to the way the wind blows...razored up one way on one trip and then razored up in the opposite direction on another trip...witch eyes will form based on the wind also...

But as far as the dunes moving?...not anything you will notice in a lifetime...about the only thing you will notice is hills wearing down after 20 years...
+1 to everything above.

Talking about a hill wearing down......I wish I could find a couple of pics I saw awhile ago of Big Sand Mtn at LS Utah from the 70's then post a pic from a year ago. It's the main drag hill at LS Utah and has definitely taking a beating.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts