Suzuki LT-R450 Forum :: LTR450HQ.com banner

41 - 60 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 06 ltr 450 and fuel pump took a crap so I can just buy a 08 trx 700xx pump and change the motors out and it'll be good. Is there any special thing I need to do?

·
Premium Member
28,672 Posts
I put mine in and still had a fuel pressure problem, It wouldn't hold pressure. I tracked it down to thew pump seals in side the LTR housing. There is a seal that goes on the outlet of the pump and an Oring that goes on the white plastic end cap that seals to the housing. Both of mine where dried up and wouldn't seal %100.

This is probably because I run %100 AVgas and over a long period of time it seems to dry out rubber and plastic components. I did have two other used pumps that I purchased on the HQ that have not been run with AVgas and the seals where dried and shrunk as well but they have been sitting out for at least 4 years.

Just my 2 on what I found,
the New pump dead heads at 80 psi. and holds pressure just fine now.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Well I just looked and found out myself that you no longer need to buy the WHOLE honda fuel pump assembly any longer. On ebay they have a Rebuild kit they call it and its an aftermarket honda fuel pump. The seller has 100% feedback and sells numerous fuel pumps. Now you can buy just the necessary part and not have to take apart the fuel pump to get to the motor. The cost is $54.99 with free shipping.

Honda TRX Fuel Pump EFI TRX-420 TRX-500 TRX-700 | Replaces OEM: 16700-HP5-602

Honda TRX Fuel Pump EFI TRX 420 TRX 500 TRX 700 Replaces OEM 16700 HP5 602 | eBay

I just bought one, I will give feedback when I get the unit.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
good find bud!!!!

·
Registered
135 Posts
I had a chance to try out one of the ebay aftermarket honda 700xx fuel pump motors and it worked like a champ! I recommend the Ebay fuel pump motor.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I know this is a old thread but I did the fuel pump exchange and it is running really well but it seems like it is running rich and it raised my idle. Anyone have these problems before with the fuel pump exchange

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
nope not in this thread only one guy that put the wires on wrong.

·
Premium Member
28,672 Posts
The Price is down to $39.99 just picked up 2 of them,

·
Registered
1 Posts
I installed a new pump motor and it doesn't hold pressure. Where can I buy the seals? One is triangular. Not sure if it started out as a round one. Any info will be greatly appreciated!

·
Premium Member
28,672 Posts

·
Premium Member
28,672 Posts
Fuel Pump Fits Suzuki Lt R450 Quadracer LTR450 450 2x4 2006 2007 2008 2009 | eBay

Buying 2 of these for spares. they have the inlet screen and outlet seal. any other pump in this price range does not have the extra pieces. Like I have said before I have had problems with the seals leaking internally in the pump where it wont hold pressure after it primes and not build the proper pressure because of the leakage.

Cant beat it for $34.00

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 ·
it is amazing since I put this information out there how many companies have stepped up. I mean shit $35 for a fuel pump heck If that was the case a couple years ago maybe I wouldn't have went carb. Maybe.....

·
Registered
2 Posts
Does anyone know the dimensions to the shoulder screws holding the pump housing together? I am wanting to replace these and out of town for the next week. I did not think it would be this difficult to get info on them screws or i would have micd one myself. I'm sure that I will have to order them as it will not be stocked locally. thanks.

·
Premium Member
28,672 Posts

·
Premium Member
28,672 Posts
Just went threw 4 of these cheap fuel pump, all of them worked for about a day.

As I was looking for a better alternative I found a High Flow Fuel HFP-397 ATV / UTV 2006 Suzuki Quad Racer (LT-R450 / R450Z) EFI that fits the LTR, then I searched that part number on eBay and found that it's the same pump as a Honda Rincon TRX680 2006-2012 with the same part number from High Flow Fuel with a life time warranty for $37.98 just picked up 3, hope they do better than the non High Flow pumps.

https://www.highflowfuel.com/ag-130...2008-suzuki-quad-racer-lt-r450-r450z-efi.html

·
Registered
18 Posts
So, I did this swap and I can't get my ltr to run right with this 700 pump.... Has anyone else had this problem? Maybe some kind of little adjustment or o ring problems?
It's most likely the rubber seal on top of the pump some aftermarket seals are not made a big enough diameter and the fuel pump will not seal into the housing it's quite common I found I chased the problem for 6 months and found my fuel pressure was bleeding back off into the housing

41 - 60 of 61 Posts