Suzuki LT-R450 Forum :: LTR450HQ.com banner

21 - 40 of 61 Posts

·
Premium Member
21,252 Posts
LOL. like they ever show up anymore...
Don't be a cock bite...

And yes the thread had been pinned...nice thread also BTW...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thank you

Thanks, I just ordered mine today..... I have been having problems with the fuel system and have narrowed it down to pump and regulator. If the quad sits a lot; should I do anything to keep these things from happening?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Got the pump installed--works like a champ! When I turned the key; I heard the regualtor flutter, line pressure up, and off it went. Thank you

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
glad to see this worked for another person glad i could help

·
Registered
4 Posts
It has been a while since you posted the info on the pump. Just a short thanks !! you saved me 200U$ and it fits perfectly.

quad starts and the the big test is tomorrow, but i am sure it will be fine !!!

Regards JB
UAE

·
Registered
53 Posts
Holy Crap , I have both of these bikes and 2 spare trx 700 pumps collecting dust and just bought a $300 LTR450 PUMP , I'm DUMB , thanks for the heads up , now I know , dumb internet

·
Registered
2 Posts
:rock:hi so I have a ltr450 that is poping in the top end of the throttle do you think the pump could be goin out

So i needed a fuel pump for my wheeler because it would run sometimes and other times the pump would just click and not run. I tested the fpr with regulated air and that checked out fine so in search of a fuel pump i went. While looking at countless threads on forums looking for a place to just buy the keihin type S pump which is located in the ltr pump housing i stumbled upon a guy doing a EFI conversion on an old suzuki enduro. Well this guy had a fuel pump from an ltr and one from a 08 honda 700xx and he claimed they have the same small keihin fuel pump inside them. This guy tested the draw and the dead headed pressure of the two pumps and they were the same. So i ordered a brand new keihin fuel pump for a 08 honda 700xx from parts pit stop for 100 dollars shipped. I removed the small pump form inside that pump and installed it in my ltr housing. The pump fit perfectly and i saved 180 dollars because 280 dollars was the cheapest i could find a new pump for an ltr. I really hope this information can help other cheap wheeler owners like myself.:beerchug:

·
Premium Member
28,672 Posts
check your fuel pressure,

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
So, I did this swap and I can't get my ltr to run right with this 700 pump.... Has anyone else had this problem? Maybe some kind of little adjustment or orang problems?
Well if that didn't work your problem doesn't lie in the fuel pump it is something else.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm not sure about the pressure yet... I guess that's the next step? It's defiantly the pump..... I have two bikes so I was able to switch parts to figure it out....

·
Registered
5 Posts
Yeah it's hooked up right. I'll play with it later. I've got a race this weekend and no time to experiment. I just put an eom one on for now

·
Registered
64 Posts
i did this swap. now i dont have any fuel pressure coming out of the pump. but the pump turns on and sounds super stong. is there anything i could have done wrong on the sawp to make it not build any pressure? it will flow a lil fuel but like i said there is 0 pressure behind it.

·
Premium Member
28,672 Posts
Buying one today, from eBay probibly.

21 - 40 of 61 Posts