Suzuki LT-R450 Forum :: LTR450HQ.com banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i needed a fuel pump for my wheeler because it would run sometimes and other times the pump would just click and not run. I tested the fpr with regulated air and that checked out fine so in search of a fuel pump i went. While looking at countless threads on forums looking for a place to just buy the keihin type S pump which is located in the ltr pump housing i stumbled upon a guy doing a EFI conversion on an old suzuki enduro. Well this guy had a fuel pump from an ltr and one from a 08 honda 700xx and he claimed they have the same small keihin fuel pump inside them. This guy tested the draw and the dead headed pressure of the two pumps and they were the same. So i ordered a brand new keihin fuel pump for a 08 honda 700xx from parts pit stop for 100 dollars shipped. I removed the small pump form inside that pump and installed it in my ltr housing. The pump fit perfectly and i saved 180 dollars because 280 dollars was the cheapest i could find a new pump for an ltr. I really hope this information can help other cheap wheeler owners like myself.:beerchug:

Reactions: hime69670

·
Registered
9,611 Posts
nice into quadracer thanks!

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I will be test riding tommorrow but there was a noticiable stronger sound from the pump with fpr opening almost immediately when you turn the key on.

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
wheeler ran awesome with the new pump just figured I would give an update. It would be great if this could be moved to a spot were it will be easy for others to find cause it is a great way to save money and there is no other info that I could find on the forum like it.

·
Registered
522 Posts

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
16700-HP5-602 this is the Honda part number for the pump. It is for a 2008 trx 700xx as well as many other Honda utilty wheelers

·
Premium Member
2,810 Posts
Yeah good find for sure.....Suzuki would have more riders if their parts prices weren't 2-3 times hondas

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for posting this info, I just replaced my pump with this Honda one. :fing02:
thats great i am glad this worked for another person also. It is a great fix for a problem that seems to occur alot for people.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Thanks for the info. Ordered one from rockymountain and it works great

·
Premium Member
122 Posts
Pretty much all rancher 420's from 2007 and up,2012 and 2013 foreman 500's and the 700XX share that pump number,and it looks like we sell a decent amount of them.

·
Premium Member
28,672 Posts
Admin should pin this thread!

·
Premium Member
28,672 Posts
I just reported your post!! :rofl:

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I will add a little more info to this post i noticed when i removed the fuel pump from the honda housing in the top there is the little pressure regulator for the fuel pressure. Well any of you that have had the ltr fpr apart know that that little piece inside contains the seat and everything to control the pressure. Well the honda pump has one that regulates at the same pressure and is made by the same manufacture (mitsuba) and almost looks the same the problem is the end is a little to short to fit in the ltr fpr housing. I have it sitting on my work bench and this winter sometime i would like to make an adapter so i can install this in a ltr fpr housing. If i could do this essentialy you could have a new fuel pump AND fpr for 100 bucks!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 20 of 61 Posts