Suzuki LT-R450 Forum :: LTR450HQ.com banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Are you powder coating the frame? Engine plans?

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes what I can get powder coat is getting powder coated. Motor going to get +1 valves, big bore not sure what size yet, race head p+p and webcams going to have dasa do the motor just want to get a roller going first. Here some current pics of the frame, nerf bars and swing arm that has been PC.

Attachments

·
Registered
75 Posts
Nice! love the candy red color. Sounds like she should be a runner

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks in the sun it shows the copper under tone. Looks pretty badass. Yeah she should be still figuring out the BB kit I want to use but that's something on the back burner.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Here is how she sits. I'm happy how the bike is turning out. Still have a long journey ahead. Assembling the calipers with new deals and hubs are getting new bearings. Going to be ordering shocks and a-arms soon so pretty excited about that .I'm going with Elka stage 4 shocks long travel in front with Atv fourplay a-arms and stock linkage in rear.

Attachments

·
Registered
47 Posts
The rear brake caliper looks real sharp and everything else too:smile:Don`t install a nasty looking engine because everything else looks to good:nerd:

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks Joachim I'm actually going to paint the motor black. I definitely can't put a nasty dirty motor back in lol. Probably going to have the motor done in black or stainless color.

Tfred1313 yes I have I reached out to Maxrpms to get some info on the kits and am going with the 498 kit. I just haven't decided what piston to go with compression wise yet.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Update on build

Got the front end on. Went with Elka stage 3 LT front (comp and rebound adjustments) and standard travel rear w/ remote resi. Also AtvFour-Play A-Arms.

Put on Houser EZ grab bar and have on my Rossier exhaust (ceramic coated black).

Just need to get a new axle and locknut and it will be a roller.

Attachments

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Update:
The build is 70% done. Wiring harness is on and put in a new Mishimoto Radiator and hoses.

I figured out how to put the stock tail light on with a Houser ez lift grab bar. I made mounts that bolt up to the grab mounts and used nylon bushings to the screws of the tail light and it clears the rear plastics.

I have a new RPM and LSR sprocket hub with anti fade nut that I need to put on then she will finally be a roller.

Motor is torn down and ready to build. I am inspecting everything make sure good parts are going back in. I have the motor cases painted black and case screw polished. New seals and gaskets are going in. This is what I have done as of right now

Attachments

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Update on build:

I installed a Fuel Customs intake that I picked up from them.

I have my rear wheels on. Running 21" 7 paddle extremes

Rear end is now complete with LSR sprocket and disc hubs. RPM Dominator axle.

Motor is still torn down. Going to be getting my BB kit soon then sending the crank out to get rebuilt then top end getting re done by Racers edge.

Will post more pics later on

Attachments

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
So I havent posted on here in a while and my build has came a long way. It is sitting on all 4 with. swapped stock swinger with a +2, FCI intake, RPM dominator axle, CCP stabilizer, LSR disc and sprocket hubs. 22" 10 paddle haulers and Mohawks. I am finally getting into the motor. Just pulled all motor bearings out this past weekend and new ones going in.

Attachments

1 - 19 of 19 Posts