Suzuki LT-R450 Forum :: LTR450HQ.com banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
9,611 Posts
you think that $40 will with stand the beating of jumping? any ideas where you would mount it?
not worried at all about it holding up to jumping. I haven't looked for a mounting spot yet.

·
Premium Member
28,672 Posts
It will bleed of a little when the pump is off

·
Registered
9,611 Posts
ya, and that is not a problem. If the pump is off the quad isnt running :tups:
only take a sec of the key on to pressurize this baby.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Newb With more Questions.

My ltr's been running like hell lately, missing and cutting out, plug check looks lean, so im thinking its my FPR. But when i looked at these, i realized my 2006 looks alot different from the ones pictured by shadey in this post on a different thread, and on this one where the pressure is being tested.
Was there a significant change from the 06 to 08 or am i missing something? mine just has a flat cap, nothing else. I'm going to try to tear it down tomorrow, up until now i didn't know that you could take the insides apart other then the white piece of plastic..

Check it at the injector, you may need to jump the relay to get a good reading, because the fuel pump only runs a couple of seconds when you initially turn the key on.

on checking the reg you can pull the gold end cap off and then remove the white plastic spacer and then pull out the spring and diaphragm assembly. This Will let you see and clean the seat of the regulator.

It's pretty hard to get the Diaphragm assembly out but it does come out.

View attachment 13579

View attachment 13580

these pics have the end of the diaphragm assembly cut off but will give you the idea of what I'm talking about.

·
Registered
4 Posts
06 LTR breaking up

06 LTR breaking up real bad. Removed the pancake filter under gas tank. Would run great until full throttle in 4th and 5th now breaking up pretty bad all the time. Pulled fuel line off injector and turned key on only getting a low flow of fuel, not spraying hard like I feel it should. Thinking fuel pump or regulator. Any help????

·
Registered
4 Posts
I am having a problem with my 2008 Ltr 450 when I hit the gas it bogs out ???? I have done a list of things does anyone know what it could be or has anyone had this problem. Feels like loss of power when giving it gas I have prob 40-50 hours into trying figure this out before I put it into power sports shop and have to pay a million for something I could possibly do.

·
Super Moderator
31,830 Posts
I am having a problem with my 2008 Ltr 450 when I hit the gas it bogs out ???? I have done a list of things does anyone know what it could be or has anyone had this problem. Feels like loss of power when giving it gas I have prob 40-50 hours into trying figure this out before I put it into power sports shop and have to pay a million for something I could possibly do.

What is your fuel pressure when it bogs?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Ok thank you I had bought the quad not to Long ago from someone and they didn't have it but i think I can get my hands on it thank you. You say pump then regulator test ?

·
Registered
228 Posts
Another issue i ran across with mine, is that i had mine built, and it ran great. Then one day it just ran like shit, and sputtered and popped, and lehss power than a stock bike. After months of testing and troubleshooting, we found out that my throttle body housing was bad. Still dont know what was the actual problem, but we swapped the throttle body, and even changed out sensors and injector. But that fixed it, and it runs great now.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Check to see if you can blow back in the outlet on the fuel pump if you can then the rubber seal inside the housing is compromised I put hundreds of hours into trying to fix mine and had ordered a new Celtic fuel pump and the rubber seals that came with the new pump weren't big enough diameter and was letting the fuel pressure bleed back into the pump housing

21 - 36 of 36 Posts